Welcome to the Derby Branch Messageboard.

When creating a username, please use your real name and put your Membership No. in the signature.
Please abide by the Society Web Guidelines when posting.

Profile Register Memberlist Search Log in to check your private messages Usergroups FAQ Log in

Rumour mill... (at the back of the pub)

Derby Fools And Heroes Forum Index -> The Horse and Cart

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Too Damn Frothy

NPC

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:22 am    
Post subject: Rumour mill... (at the back of the pub)

Oi 'ere tha' a foire 'as been burnen' for thee las' three days near al' Stappeforde. Tha' is yon big 'ole int ground tha' the' say is glowen still rite 'ot!

--
Ken Tenkerus

Too Damn Frothy

NPC

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:52 am    
Post subject:

Oi 'ere that the elves 'av attacked the Griffins an slaughtered 'em to a man!
War's brewin' again. Filthy elf scum!

Ken Tenkerus

Too Damn Frothy

NPC

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:01 am    
Post subject:

That's nothing old chap, I have heard that the Countess was assaulted by her own militia outside the gates of Exmead and they dragged her off chanting!

S. Climber Esq.

Too Damn Frothy

NPC

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:04 am    
Post subject:

Yoo kno' yon Primate of Sidhe? Well e' came along to see yon foires tha' were burnin' still an e' jus' looks at 'em roight, an' they goes out! Were e' look they jus' snuff out even if they'se been burnin' since the star' o' summer!

Hail t' Seven for they be mighty, Hail t' Allfather for e' be merciful!

--
Ken Tenkerus

Too Damn Frothy

NPC

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:25 pm    
Post subject:

Ah yes good man, but that did not stop a bunch of chanting cultists and demons from waltzing into Denby and abducting a load of innocent people!

S. Climber Esq.

Too Damn Frothy

Xavier

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:04 pm    
Post subject:

Now who has something to tell me about chanters, cultists and how they fit in with the countess.
Im offering a sympathetic ear to what people have to say not to mention I will be buying the drinks.

Xavier

Too Damn Frothy

NPC

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:28 pm    
Post subject:

Now I didn't know nothin' about any gypsies or travellin' folk that be passin' through at this time o' year. But down by Newmarket, there's a group of strange ragged, colourful folk that came from out of the Sharwood. Strange folk they be, with even stranger things to trade. Bah, all smoke and mirrors though ain't it! I can't be havin' do with folk that don't earn a decent honest livin'.

Ame Bivolous - Fur Trapper

Too Damn Frothy

NPC

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:19 pm    
Post subject:

Oi 'ave you 'eard? The local priest o' Kharach up near Trenton's Delve 'as been found lynched! Lynched I say! Not a good way for a man to die, especially one of Kharch's chosen. Then other's say he was found in a circle of burnt and smoking earth...tain't natural says I, but them's funny folk up that way, too much mountain air.

Still, the barmaid that way is far saucier than those round 'ere.

Ame Bivolous - Fur Trapper

Too Damn Frothy

NPC

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:51 pm    
Post subject:

Och' ... oww ... a wee dram for a bruised an broken soldier ye bonney lass... 'hae bent mae beak??? Aye, that'd be yon boss Thomas. Al' I did was te' tell he' tha' when he attacked those pitiless dark elves, tha' the scouts say tha' the elves of Eldenshay were waitin' an' they attacked from tha' west while they were distracted by 'is lot in the east.

Ah tha's a warmin' drappie reet theer! No good highland stuff but it'll dae in a pinch! Keep it commin 'til I cannae feel me face nae longer.

So I be tellin yon Baron good news see, tha' even more dark elf got the chop in th' west without us havnae a single loss from tha side. They head straight for near where we set our wee trap, kill a load in the way, break into their fortification and pull out again, leavin' the few survivors to be mopped up by are guys as thee' leave.

Now ken I tha' he thinks "aye even less of the shifty gits in Ravenwood! Good!" an I be gettin' a bit a silver and a few drams o' the good stuff. Instead he went OrkSheet insane an battered me fur an 'oor or tae!!!

Aye but I ken I get off easier than tha' wee bastard who brou' him tha' map to their fort!

*hic* Ginnae then lassie!

Garn McItup, Clansman

Too Damn Frothy

NPC

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:11 pm    
Post subject:

Ashbourne you say? Ha! There's no way I'll be heading that way anytime soon, thrice I was almost accosted upon the cities streets, by those runted little bastards the Bloodpaws of all things. I tell you now my good sir, that city has gone to the dogs since Sir Guy kicked the bucket and if its not them it'll be Gaston's boys, or the Claws. Its a melting pot about to boil over, the Guards barely control the marketplace these days and the God's only know what occurrs down the streets and backalleys.

Carmine Fuller - Tinker

Branch Ref

Chris

Branch Ref

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:55 pm    
Post subject:

What'd you say Black Rolf? They'll be taking even more of the harvest this year to fund the war effort off in foreign, I mean... Llaminusia? Surely you're too deep in your cups to think that, given how the plants have simply wilted and died in most of the fields, since that darkness from the Black Marshes has been spreading northward...still, folk won't like it I'll tell you that right now, mark my words, if the militia try to take what folk need to live there'll be trouble. Sometimes its almost like we're the ones being betrayed by our betters.

Gregor Riley
Farm Hand

Too Damn Frothy

NPC

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:49 am    
Post subject:

Its true I tells ye, honest to the Gods it is! I've been along the Ashbourne Road thrice this week, had to take the long way round to get ta' Darian and that fog cloud over the city ain't shifted one bit.

Glad I ain't one of them poor militia sods on guard duty though, it'd give me the willies standing all day looking at that grim place.

Old Hob
Turnip Farmer

Too Damn Frothy

NPC

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:01 am    
Post subject:

Rumours around Darian X - II - MXIV

Several apprentice mercenaries severly beaten in a pub in Darian for "gratuitous seat minding".

Aebbe the Blade, the Notorious Gladiatrix, now rumoured to be so fast she can be in two places at once.

PFU have got into several fights on behalf of farmers whose stores were going to be burned under suspicion of having "Rawseed infection".

Mass parties of inebriation and free affection to be had in Moorsedge. Just tell them that "Shiv sent you!"

Lord Tatton's thugs have been beating up rival traders in Elkestone and claiming it's legal.

Grubi Grayhaem, wife of Thaine Grayhaem committed suicide while being held for questioning on Iron Hordeing in the noble cells in Darian.

Derby Fools And Heroes Forum Index -> The Horse and Cart