Welcome to the Derby Branch Messageboard.

When creating a username, please use your real name and put your Membership No. in the signature.
Please abide by the Society Web Guidelines when posting.

Profile Register Memberlist Search Log in to check your private messages Usergroups FAQ Log in

A young Griffin Squire enters...

Derby Fools And Heroes Forum Index -> The Chapel

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Too Damn Frothy

NPC

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:09 pm    
Post subject: A young Griffin Squire enters...

*..streaked with blood and dirt he collapses to his knees before the Crowan Shrine and starts to weep uncontrollably.*

Th-they killed them all... th-they just kept coming... we'd hit them again and again and only a few fell... they c-came and threw the men-at-arms aside like d-dolls... They cleaved them in two or s-smashed them into the walls... Then the knights a-and squires they laughed a-and challenged and when th-they cut them down, they ripped their hearts out and ate them before their dying eyes... Oh gods so much blood...

I'm sorry Great Lady I have shamed m-myself before you and m-my family... I was so afraid... I wanted to run... Then one pointed at me... a-and I thought this was my time and I tried to fight. I did not run, but the thing was too strong... far too strong... I swung at it and it smashed my blows aside... it dropped it's sword and just punched m-me so hard I felt bones break... I hit a wall and f-fell... It grabbed me and threw me onto my back... I could not move for pain and fear... I did not want the last thing I saw to be my own heart being ripped a-apart by it's fangs... It pulled it's claws back and aimed at my ch-chest...

And then...

And then.... Oh Gods no...

And then...

It let me live...

Too Damn Frothy

Bronkowitz

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:29 pm    
Post subject:

What were they? Something akin to Orcs?

I'm sure that Lady Crowa will forgive you for your actions, if you pledge yourself to accomplish a great deed in Her service.

Just rest here, and keep praying. I'll go and fetch the Defender. I think he needs to know about this.

*Pausing to lay a comforting hand on the squire's head, Sam bows respectfully to the shrines and leaves*

Steve Daniels
DE0295

Branch Ref

Vau

Branch Ref

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:44 pm    
Post subject:

*Vau Enters*

Pureblood squire? *growl* You survive and live to make yourself worthy *snarl* in eyes of Red Lady.

Gary Smith, Derby Referee, TGG

Too Damn Frothy

NPC

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:17 pm    
Post subject:

*The young squire looks up and his eyes widen. He falls about babbling incoherently. He does not respond intelligibly while Vau remains, whether because of Vau's Orcish appearance - or because Vau represents the squires own failure where a mere foulspawn has risen so far - is not apparent.*

Branch Ref

Vau

Branch Ref

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:42 pm    
Post subject:

*Vau leaves the striken squire in peace*

Gary Smith, Derby Referee, TGG

Branch Ref

Chris

Branch Ref

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:10 am    
Post subject:

*Nathaniel enters the chapel clothed in the same attire he wore for adventuring a few days last, except that it is stained with ominous tones of blood, both black and red, that have now dried and cracked to form a patchwork quilt over his once fine garments. His hair is mattered, and the ribbon which usually ties it back is tattered and ragged, his face bears not only the signs of weariness as though he has had little rest. But also now bears a dark cast to it, and by the sunken rings beneath his eyes, it would appear as though he has witnessed many things which will not easily fade from memory. He kneels down before the shrine to the Lady Crowa, and stares at the shining sword thrust into the altar for many moments, before bowing his head in prayer.

Lady Crowa, Mistress of Battle, Protectress of the Weak, forgive me for my failures, forgive me for those brave warriors of your faith I could not save from the vile gullet of the Varga-hai. I am shamed that I witnessed so many have not only their hearts but their very souls devoured before my eyes, and that I did and could do nothing for them. Clearly I am not fit to serve you, for a servant of Crowa should be courageous and brave, they should not know fear, nor tremble at the sight of an insurmountable foe. Those brave knights who stepped forward to their doom I should have pulled back, I should have stood before them, yet I did not, but simply watched in horror at the unfolding carnage. Those first two groups of men I left to die, riding on to deliver my warning, when I should have sent another in my stead. Perhaps I could have made a difference, perhaps if I had been there then some would have lived. I know, I do not deserve to ask this of you, for I am but a lowly peasants son, but grant me the strength to see my duty through, to battle the infections which rage through the bodies of many of your warriors who thrash in fevered dreams. Some would say it is to your sister, the White Lady I should pray for the health of your followers, but this is a battle I am about to enter against poisoned blood, and wounds inflicted with gangree, against severed limbs, and broken hearts and it is your strength I need to carry on through the darkest hours of the night.

Praise be your name Lady Crowa, and I beg that you grant your followers the strength to grasp life.

*He stands and bows exceptionally low to the shrine, before standing and turning to the shaking Griffin Squire.*

Sir...I do not mean to disturb you, I know we are of the same age, and your Lady stands with you, but there is duty that must be done. I know it is not my place to say, either here in this holy place to the Lady Crowa, or to you as both a knight and a noble. But there are men who need your help, we must harden our hearts to the tragedy which has taken place, so that it shall not be repeated. There are brave men out there who need you, brave men who will die lest they reach the care of the Physicians Guild. We cannot undo the past, but only change the future. Mourning and avenging the dead shall come later, but for now we must look to the living.

The sacrifice of the Griffin Order shall be remembered, their souls shall be retrieved, and the Varga-hai shall pay in blood for their crimes.

*he then realises his words and looks both humbled and somewhat frightened at his outburst to a Griffin squire*

Sir...I apologise for my words, they were said in haste. If you need to remain here then do so...but I for one will be fighting the battle against death itself in the Ladies name, and your assistance would be appreciated.

Too Damn Frothy

NPC

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:05 am    
Post subject:

*The squire looks up and looks relieved as the apparition of the Orc has been replaced by a friendly face*

Sir, I saw you. I saw you ride alone through danger to warn us, I saw you fight, I saw you risk yourself to pull back the wounded or even turn your back on the raging enemy to attend the gravely wounded where they fell. No coward are you, Sir.

*A renewed hope seems to come into his eyes*
I am Squire Colbin, Sir, though Knight I shall never be, but though I've failed the order it does not mean I shall abandon them. Please teach me what you may of your leechcraft Sir and I will aid you in saving those of the order more worthy than I.

Branch Ref

Chris

Branch Ref

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:24 pm    
Post subject:

Squire Colbin, the path to knighthood is never meant to be easy, that is why it is reserved for those of noble blood, those who have the will, the strength and the heart to persevere when others would turn aside. Do not be hasty in throwing aside your birthright, the Lady Crowa is merciful and for those truely pentient or those who have performed no ill deed she will forgive. Consider this, have you truely failed your Lady? Even though you felt fear, you stood against the foe, you fought where lesser men would have fled. A wise man once told me that the Lady smiles not neccessarily upon those who feel no fear, but those who overcome it and truely such men are favoured by her, you are alive are you not?

You remain within her graces and an oppurtunity is before you, to prove your mettle to both the Order and the Lady, to learn from the mistakes of yesterday, so they can be used to fight the battles of tomorrow. There are many men who can serve as a physician, but only a chosen few have the privelige to stand as a hero of Ithron, and lead the life of a Griffin Knight. This was your first battle, wasn't it? I was much the same after mine, never did I want to witness the carnage again, but such is the life we have chosen, be it by our birth, neccessity or otherwise. Keep to your faith sir, and though your mind is marked by battle, you will return home victorious, there is no need for sorrow but honour to the sacrifice of the dead, and righteous retribution against the Varga-hai.

I'm simply a soldier and a healer, not a word smith or holy man. Perhaps you should talk to a priest of your faiths to find which path is best to serve your Lord and Lady. But for now, I can teach you without breaching the secrets of my Guild how to prevent a man from dying, and to how to tie a bandage tight and proper, so that the wound remains staunched.

OOC - Sorry Gary Wink you know where that line came from.

Last edited by Chris on Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Too Damn Frothy

Bronkowitz

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:25 pm    
Post subject:

* Sam looks stricken at the Squire's reaction to Vau*

Yung squire, I do hope you will make your apologies to the Defender of the Faith of CROWA!!!! If she can see beyond his race, to what truly lies in his heart, then surely you can make the same attempt! He is worth fifty of your stiff-necked, bigoted, prideful, stupid Order and don't you forget it!

Now you get down on your knees and pray to your Lady for the clarity of vision that a true Knight should have!

*Storms out of the Chapel, slamming the doors behind him*

*Looks around the Square for Vau, and hurries off back towards the bar*

Steve Daniels
DE0295

Too Damn Frothy

NPC

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:02 pm    
Post subject:

*starts with fright at the sight of an angry priest of death*

I... I... sorry...

*Turns to Nathaniel*
Yes Sir, I will talk to a priest, but for now I will come with you and I shall learn humility and quiet courage under your direction, sir.

Master

Bohemia

Master

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:48 pm    
Post subject:

*theres a timid knock on the door and Foj pokes her head
round the corner. Not lifting her eyes from the floor she speaks softly*

May I enters, Sirs?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

Derby Fools And Heroes Forum Index -> The Chapel