Welcome to the Derby Branch Messageboard.

When creating a username, please use your real name and put your Membership No. in the signature.
Please abide by the Society Web Guidelines when posting.

Profile Register Memberlist Search Log in to check your private messages Usergroups FAQ Log in

During the day
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Derby Fools And Heroes Forum Index -> The Horse and Cart

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Master

WillBrown

Master

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:29 am    
Post subject:

"Forgive my ignorance, there are many strange things of which I do not understand. I keep hearing of a war, but see no hosts assembling, no marching men. Tis a strange thing.

I am sorry to pry, I was trying to talk of lighter things. My father is a minor noble in Derwentshire, and as such I was raised with quite a sheltered upbringing, hawking and hunting, as well as training in the fighting arts. I was chosen by the Grey Order once old enough, and then given leave to go a'questing. Thus you have seen me in Derwentshire, as it is here that I have begun my adventures.

Do you feel on the path to recovery?"

Master

Lily Phoenix

Master

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:39 am    
Post subject:

"There's a war up in the realms of the Gods, Gawain. They fight, possibly for their very existences. Go ask High Primate Valerian or someone on the Daily Adventurer; I'm sure they'll explain it more to you."

She smiled, and ate some more food.

"Don't worry about lightening the conversation; I'm alive, that's light enough for me! I've met some people who have now passed that were Grey Knights. Quite shiny fellows. I'm... not on a road, as such; I'll be fine, I just have to wait for my body to get used to being alive again, I think. Had so many people shout at me to go rest I thought it might be best to follow their advice, as much as I hate not adventuring..."

Charlotte Hall, DE19

Master

WillBrown

Master

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:10 pm    
Post subject:

"Ah, this must be the same war that I keep hearing about. I wonder what part we have to play."

*Contemplatative glance*

"Being alive is certainly something to be celebrated. The Gods must favour you if they gave you a second chance in this world. Indeed we can be quite shiny fellows. My armour is currently being smithed as we speak. I hope to have a new breastplate and various other plates to protect me. Perhaps you remember my helm?"

Master

Lily Phoenix

Master

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:05 pm    
Post subject:

"I'm afraid I don't; not yet, my memory is returning in floods and bursts.... We have to choose a champion of the Light, I think, to fight. But not choose one too soon, for some enemy will come and kill them. It's all a bit above my head at the moment."

Lily smiled.

"I didn't mean shiny as in bright, Gawain. I'm sorry, I say shiny when I mean good. I don't know why, it's always been a thing of mine."

Charlotte Hall, DE19

Master

WillBrown

Master

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:19 pm    
Post subject:

"Hmm a champion you say. Why would they be killed straight away? If it is above your head, I fear for mine!" *a grin and laugh*

"Ahhh I see what you mean" *Another grin* "A lot of grey knights are shiny metallic too. Do you have your own set of armour?"

Master

Lily Phoenix

Master

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:21 pm    
Post subject:

"Eh, no... I can't afford it. High Father Chance gave me some leather armour, but I've yet to recieve it." (ooc: can't afford it ;_Wink

"Like I said, go ask on the Daily Adventurer; I'm sure someone would grace you with a more elaborate answer, telling you a lot more than I can."

Charlotte Hall, DE19

Master

WillBrown

Master

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:31 pm    
Post subject:

"I shall indeed. Thankfully my order provided my armour for me. I feel very priveleged.

So what can you recall from your previous life, if that makes sense? You seem to recall us talking before. What about your alchemy skills?"

Master

Lily Phoenix

Master

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:59 pm    
Post subject:

"I can't make alchemy anymore; and if I could, I would be at the very basic level. I don't know why, I suppose it's selectively forgotten. But I'd like to be a Physician, and I've asked Nathaniel Herald if he'll teach me. I'm going to go pray at my Lady's Shrine in the Cathedral when I'm better, see what she has to say - if anything - on the matter. I don't expect a reply; they're so busy these days. One can but hope."

Charlotte Hall, DE19

Master

WillBrown

Master

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:12 pm    
Post subject:

"Well from what I have seen of Nathaniel, he is a rather good physician. He patched me up a few times when we had a bit of a ruck outside Darian. Good chap to have in a shield wall too. What about your skills at fighting? Obviously this is currently out of the question, but I have known some brave female warriors!"

Master

Lily Phoenix

Master

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:27 pm    
Post subject:

"Heh... I know many who can fight better than I, and as I can't afford armour I wouldn't be much help, really. I'm not going to become a Crowan and not wear armour... So helping everyone get back up during and after fights will be best for me. I'll feel a tad more useful, too."

Lily smiles, and drinks.

"Nathaniel's kept me alive so far; I knew I should have gone with him to Stappeford, rather than go to Eldenshay. I'd probably not have died - I'd lasted eight months of evading demons with his aid, whether he knew it or no."

Charlotte Hall, DE19

Master

WillBrown

Master

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:21 pm    
Post subject:

"How are you with the sight of blood? I hear physicians cant be squeamish. Were I not a knight, I think I would be a physician. I see the good work they do, on the frontline of the battlefield. Takes some courage.

8 months of evading demons? I usually dont evade, more attack. I hear there is a large gathering in Derwentshire this weekend?"

Master

Lily Phoenix

Master

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:26 pm    
Post subject:

"I'm alright, having seen my own arm be chewed off by a ghoul. I still get sick now and then with particularly disgusting sights and smells, but Physician's training is supposed to help with that apparently.

Aye, there is a gathering this weekend... Many of my friends are going to assault Darian, the undead fortress. Hopefully they won't die... I can't go, though. I have much recovery to do."

Lily nods quietly, eating food.

"Yes, evading assassination more than the demons themselves. Me and the ex-Keeper upset some particularly powerful demons, by killing their boss whilst we were in Nerese last Shielding. So... eight months is a good run."

Charlotte Hall, DE19

Master

Lily Phoenix

Master

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 6:14 am    
Post subject:

Lily stands up, brushes herself off and looks at Gawain.

"Thankyou for your company, Gawain. Alas I really must go and rest - I can feel sleep tugging at me. Plus I feel rather nauseous.

Do take care of yourself, and I shall see you on the morrow perhaps."

With that, she takes her dirty plates to the bar, collects a jug of warmed wine and a glass and goes upstairs to her room.

(OOC: I'm Monstering Springfest; so have fun, and I'll be back online on Tuesday XD)[/b]

Charlotte Hall, DE19

Master

WillBrown

Master

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 8:50 am    
Post subject:

"Take care Lily, and rest deeply. I shall be around and about until the next adventure."

(OOC have a good time at springfest! I am off to LARP til tuesday too. Cheers for chatting with me!!)

Derby Fools And Heroes Forum Index -> The Horse and Cart