Welcome to the Derby Branch Messageboard.

When creating a username, please use your real name and put your Membership No. in the signature.
Please abide by the Society Web Guidelines when posting.

Profile Register Memberlist Search Log in to check your private messages Usergroups FAQ Log in

Return to the tavern.

Derby Fools And Heroes Forum Index -> The Horse and Cart

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Master

WillBrown

Master

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 10:25 am    
Post subject: Return to the tavern.

With the sun baking down outside, a welcome breeze stirs in the tavern as the door opens, and a sun baked figure hobbles in. Bearing several bandages, he staggers over to the bar, and drops his shield to the floor with a sigh of relief.

"Some water and food please barkeep, its been a long trek back."

Too Damn Frothy

NPC

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 6:39 pm    
Post subject:

With a gruff but generally concerned expression the barkeep casts a glance up and down the battered figure of the knight before him, taking in not only the bloodied tabard, but the wearied expression. From beneath the bar he pulls forth a tankard of foaming nut brown ale, and another of slightly murky water, before turning round and bawling orders into the smoky den of the kitchen behind him.

"Here ye go lad, g'it these down yer throat before it parches itself shut, have no fear though, they're on the house for a knight whose clearly been through the wars so ter speak. An food'll be on the way soon, at least it best be Gunther if you can hear me back there!"

A small piping voice can be heard possibly muttering something rude in reply from the kitchen.

NPC Barkeeper.

Last edited by NPC on Mon May 11, 2009 11:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Master

WillBrown

Master

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 10:35 pm    
Post subject:

"Thank you Barkeep, your kindness is much appreciated. Its been a hard day, but worth the toil."

After several gulps of water, and a few sips of ale, it would appear some of the tiredness is shaken off

"Much better. Any news of the country or indeed the world, that you wouldnt mind sharing? Would you be able to provide me with accomadation also?"

Too Damn Frothy

NPC

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 12:07 am    
Post subject:

The barkeeper looks thoughtful for a moment, carefully cleaning what appears to be a stained and chipped tankard before speaking up.

"Aye lad, there's been fair talk recently of the city o'Darian finally bein' cleansed off the filth that has lurked within its walls this past decade or so, rumour was even that some adventuring folks have brought back the light of the Seven to that dark and terrible place. But folk always talk don't they?

As fer the country, well its goin' to the dogs isn't it? What with star's fallin', the god's bickerin' atwixt themselves, rumours and whispers of things not worth mentionin' and the streets are far worse to walk upon then they have been in years. Mark my words. Still, business has taken an upswing, in such dark times as these folk can always find solace in the bottom of a bottle.

But if ye don't mind me askin' good sir knight, what be ye name?"

Master

WillBrown

Master

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 7:14 am    
Post subject:

"Indeed folk do talk, however I believe in this case the rumour is true. There was a shrine erected to the lady of blades upon the walls of Darian. I think the city is still full of creatures though. At least the light of the seven is starting to penetrate its walls.

Forgive me for not introducing myself. I am Sir Gawain Edwinson, a knight errant of the Grey order. You may recognise the tabard. Currently I am a'questing in Derwentshire."

Gawain perches on a bar stool, and checks the bandages on his legs are still on tight

Too Damn Frothy

NPC

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 2:48 pm    
Post subject:

The barkeep levels Gawain with a slightly suspicious glance over the bar.

"You wouldn't be related to one Alric Edwinson now would you? Ethronian, skinny youth he was, one of the mage types...ran up a tab he's never paid up as he went over to the Konn with most of the adventurers here, and like some of 'em never came back.

But aye lad I recognise the tabard, there used to be an Abbey dedicated to the Grey Order up near Greyford a few years back, but I hear its but a ruin now after the war with the elves." His face becomes somewhat grimmer, his mouth becoming a tight line across his jaw.

Master

WillBrown

Master

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 5:59 pm    
Post subject:

"No Im afraid I dont know the name. How much of a tab did this man ring up?"

At the mention of an Abbey, interest stirs across Gawain's face

"Please, impart what information you know about the abbey to me. I am always eager to learn more of my order."

Derby Fools And Heroes Forum Index -> The Horse and Cart