Welcome to the Derby Branch Messageboard.

When creating a username, please use your real name and put your Membership No. in the signature.
Please abide by the Society Web Guidelines when posting.

Profile Register Memberlist Search Log in to check your private messages Usergroups FAQ Log in

*Crystal's Ruin*
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Derby Fools And Heroes Forum Index -> Tesrae

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Master

Fraser

Master

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:36 am    
Post subject:

Oh I know all about slanderous misunderstandings that can affect a fellows reputation.

*While George talks, he produces two muslin squares of cloth and, from the parcel taken from the saddlebags, pours some crushed leaves into them, gathering the corners into the middle and tying them up with string before placing them in the mugs*

Well, Crystals a decent person...a little mean in that she keeps trying to keep me behind the her, claims I'm a soft squishy target. Still, there are few better to have march to your mangled and broken body and fight off angry undead abominations while dragging you clear and to safety...

Hmm, good singer. I think my friend Nathaniel likes her...you know, kind of Likes her.

*George winks as he folds the hem of his cloak about his hands and uses this to tip water from the cauldron into the mugs*

Soon be ready. Do you take honey in a tissane?

So what have you heard about Crystal?

Too Damn Frothy

NPC

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:20 pm    
Post subject:

*The old man raises an eyebrow at the mention of Nathaniel*

So does she have a lot of people who are... "fond"... of her then?

Vhat have I heard? Vell, to be exactingly honest I vould have to say nothing good. As I say I do believe my source to be somevhat biased, but he is a terribly stubborn and opinionated person who rarely listens to anyvons elses opinion, unless it already matches vhat he already believes. He also loathes at least von of her regular companions, the half-orc you mentioned, I believe.

So you vould say that she is a little mean but decent? In vhat vay decent? Apart from standing over the vounded and protecting people?

*He smiles*

Honey is alvays velcome.

--
Sharkû of Longstor (Ref NPC)

Master

Fraser

Master

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:11 pm    
Post subject:

Well...not mean perhaps but...overly protective. Still she's always a good sport. Doesn't shout, just kind of does things and everything turns out alright in the end. You can't go wrong if you just amble along behind Crystal.

As to the half orc, though he may be somewhat wild and, well, frightening, I can't really say anything against him. Like Crystal I'd happily follow behind him, though maybe a bit further behind.

As to people being fond of Crystal. Well, I really couldn't say. I haven't noticed anyone particularly, just some of the things Nathaniel has said to me made me, you know, think that he...well...

*To cover his embarrasment, George uses his silver dagger to scrape some honey from a small pot, unwrapped from the same parcel as the leaves, and then tap it into the beakers. He hands one of them across.*

How come you are so interested?

Too Damn Frothy

NPC

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:51 pm    
Post subject:

*Sharkû takes the proffered beaker and reclines next to the fire to sip it.*

I am interested because I have been asked for a favour by the alsia-atrox, the half-orc, you mentioned on her behalf. Now vith vhat I have heard I vhanted to know if she vas a vorthy person from somevon who it seems knows her vithout being biased by the opinions of a somevhat racist and opinionated thug.

If you feel that ve are being inappropriate behind the girls back then... vell then I don't really care as I have left the trappings of civilisation long before I came to this island... however I vould not vish to place you in an untenable position, so say vhat you vish and I vill listen.
--
Sharkû of Longstor (Ref NPC)

Master

Fraser

Master

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:30 pm    
Post subject:

*George shrugs as he sips from his own brew*

I doubt she would mind. I have nothing bad to say about her anyway.

What is the favour you were asked? She isn't in trouble at the moment is she? If there is something I can do to help her I would join you.

Also..."before you came to the island"? Where are you from? Your accent sounds almost Axirian, though I cannot be sure

Too Damn Frothy

NPC

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:46 pm    
Post subject:

*Laughs*
Vell "Axir"covers a lot of sins does it not? Not to mention much of the continent! But yes, I vonce strode the vhite marble of the shining city and looked to the dazzzling spires of the temples. It vas awful.

Not to vorry though, she is in no danger that I know of,
*he adds darkly* vell at least none more than vhat she plays vith normally.

*Sharkû gives a mischievous smile to George.*

So you vould gladly go into danger and darkness to help her then? Are you sure that you have not also been charmed by this young girl? I am afraid my own grandson has also sucumbed to her charms and is qvite besotted by her, and he loathes the half-orc that spends so much time vith her, and refuses to believe it could be a good person.

Master

Fraser

Master

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:23 pm    
Post subject:

*Goes red and coughs on his drink*

Erm..what? Well, I wouldn't...I mean, I know you say young but she's kind of...well...not so young as me...erm

*George coughs slightly*

Anyway, wouldn't anyone go into danger and darkness to help someone? Lady Vleybor gives us life after all.

Now, about your Grandson. Do you want me to put in a good word about him to Crystal?

Too Damn Frothy

NPC

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:50 pm    
Post subject:

*Sharkû drains his steaming beaker obvlivious to the heat.*

That's kind of you to offer my boy, but if I need to tell her something I can find her faster than she could find herself if vhat I here is anything to go by. I believe that he should give up on her but vonce his mind is made up on anything there is almost nothing that vill change it. He von't listen to me for certain, even vhen he asks for my advice.

*He sighs*

Vell you are both courteous and couragous my boy, but my task here vas already finished vhen you arrived. Though its not my specialty by any level the results should be visible in just a veek or two... * he glances at the ruin* though it may take many years to reach its full glory.

*Sharkû stands and prepares to leave, then glances back.*

Farevell my kind friend... Vould you like me to take that package to somevhere safe, I am sure that my grandson vould get it to her as qvickly as possible, vhen he gets back?

Master

Fraser

Master

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:01 pm    
Post subject:

That is very kind of you, but I shall hang onto it myself untill I can deliver it personally. I shall be off to see Mistress Isilwen as soon as I can steel myself, a meeting I am somewhat in dread of. But, I shall have to hope she is in a good mood.

*George glances at the ruin, wondering what Sharkû might have been doing, then shrugs*

Well, I wish your grandson good fortune and you safe travel wherever you may be headed.

Too Damn Frothy

NPC

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:27 am    
Post subject:

As you vish my boy, and thank you for your vell vishes to my grandson, *smiles* for all the good it vill do him.

May the Seven vatch over you and the servants of the six flee from your presence. Farevell.

*With an expert tread Sharkû disappears into the woodland surrounding the ruin.*

Master

Fraser

Master

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:53 pm    
Post subject:

*George looks thoughtful for a moment then tips the remaining water from the cauldron onto the fire, dousing it.*

*Shivering, although not from the cold, he looks towards the direction of Tesrae Manor.*

*Then, moving back to the horse he re-tightens the straps and, with a deep sigh, takes a small swig from a bottle marked "firm resolve", mounts up and heads towards the Manor house.*

Derby Fools And Heroes Forum Index -> Tesrae