Welcome to the Derby Branch Messageboard.

When creating a username, please use your real name and put your Membership No. in the signature.
Please abide by the Society Web Guidelines when posting.

Profile Register Memberlist Search Log in to check your private messages Usergroups FAQ Log in

*Crystal wanders down to her colourful ruin*
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Derby Fools And Heroes Forum Index -> Tesrae

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Too Damn Frothy

Palthera

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:18 pm    
Post subject:

*Crystal stands up again and wanders into the open area in front of her ruin, spreading her headscarf out to dry on a low section of crumbling wall.*

How very odd indeed.

*She strips off her dripping green skirt and overshirt down to her just as soggy cotton trousers and embroidered shirt and pulls the animal hide out of the ruin to sit on*

I have some limited amount off food, I figured you'd be here so I borrowed a ham from my mother's larder.
Littlest Damn Hero

(Cara Dutson BR08)

Branch Ref

Vau

Branch Ref

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:03 am    
Post subject:

*rrrrr* Went home so Mum gave salted beef and grandfather give *growl* liqvimem for take to kaalgrisch Appius.

*Vau retrieves a heavily packed leather satchel and then with some nervousness sits next to, but self-consciously not too close to Crystal. As an afterthought he also opens the pack again and retrieves a package wrapped in paper.*

Also *growl* grandfather give some of these take to you *rrrrr* Axirian Honey Cakes.

Gary Smith, Derby Referee, TGG

Too Damn Frothy

Palthera

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:14 am    
Post subject:

What's liqvimem? *Crystal smiles* I shall have to thank your grandfather properly for all the things he's given me at some point. Asking you to say thank you for me isn't the same. I suppose you can't eat honey cakes, since they're so sweet so I shall have to find someone to share these with, rather than all by myself.

*she grins*

I suppose your family would appreciate my grandmother's cooking more than we do, I imagine that things like honey cakes don't get as much appreciation in your tribe. Among the grown ups anyway.
Littlest Damn Hero

(Cara Dutson BR08)

Branch Ref

Vau

Branch Ref

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:56 am    
Post subject:

It is *growl* Axirian sauce made from fish. *rrrrr* It is quite... strong? in flavour? Not think it *rrrrr* popular in Ithron, but is common and liked across *growl* Axirian Empire. Kaalgrisch Appius concerned not get good type here so tell him about *snarl* grandfather.

*Vau unsheathes his hooked Nerenese dagger and starts to carve off alternate pieces of Ham and Beef after placing the package of cakes next to Crystal.*

Hope happy, *growl* Grandfather not often make since she-who-was-my-sister taken to Red Lady's side. *snarl* Say happy another in family who can appreciate still...

*Vau suddenly looks striken...*

*snarl* But I did tell not become family... *rrrr* just friend... only ever just freind! *growl*

*Vau quickly changes subject*

Only other time grandfather bake is before argument *growl* with uruk-grandfather, or when uncle Bitey escape and need *snarl* special?... cake.

*Vau plunges on not daring to look Crystal in the eye*

Special cake make uncle Bitey *growl* shake for hour, then sleep for whole day. Other special cake made uruk-grandfather act... *rrrrrr* strange... once he itch so much he almost gouge scar of *snarl* adult out. Other time he whine for grandmother all day, even though know she die in battle many year ago, *snarl* until knock self out on rock *growl*. But not bake for while because just hit uruk-grandfather with stick for while *growl* and Uncle Bitey not escape for weeks before other da...

*Vau suddenly stops and sniffs the package suspisciously. His brow furrows but eventually his suspiscion fades*

Not worry... *growl* think safe.

Too Damn Frothy

Palthera

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:20 am    
Post subject:

*Crystal smiles crookedly*

Really? *her tone is slightly flat* He has a vicious streak a mile wide your grandfather.

*she unwraps the package with the same crooked smile*

Praise be to Tralda and if something weird happens to me I'll feed him MY grandmother's cooking. Probably fishcakes.

*she breaks off a small section of one of the cakes and eats it with a slightly defiant manner. Mostly she looks amused*
Littlest Damn Hero

(Cara Dutson BR08)

Branch Ref

Vau

Branch Ref

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:42 am    
Post subject:

Lûp Faltfrûmlobaz... think I tell when ...special... cake, *growl* smell plant not well but better than uruk-grandfather, so can tell sometime. He also know you... VP... *rrrrr* so I not want anything bad happen.

Grandfather vicious, but uruk-grandfather also. When grandfather marry grandmother, uruk-grandfather picked as Maurak for Isj-hai and grandfather stand as Maurak for self, because *growl* Axir family reject him. Uruk-grandfather won, so grandfather join Isj-hai *snarl* but he so tough he hurt Uruk-grandfather lots. *rrrrr* Since then keep fighting for year and *growl* year. She-who-was-sister say grandfather aways *snarl* remind him that though won, was *growl* very close. Think have *rrrrr* respect for each other, but Shara-grandfather older now, use trick and mind more than strength, even more than before. *snarl* Think he want Uruk-grandfather send him into cycle if *rrrrr* body or mind go weak.

Too Damn Frothy

Palthera

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:29 pm    
Post subject:

*Crystal takes a long moment to think the sentence through*

Is uruk-grandfather your mother's father or your grandfather's wife's father? I'm a bit confused as to why they were coming into conflict...
I can understand the not wanting to wait for the mind and body to deteriorate with old age, my grandmother says it made her very sad when my grandfather started to forget his friends and people's names. But he died even before my older sister was born.
Littlest Damn Hero

(Cara Dutson BR08)

Branch Ref

Vau

Branch Ref

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:03 pm    
Post subject:

Uruk-grandfather is mum's father *growl*. This happen before my father born. Not come into ... conflict. *rrrrr*

When two want make oaths to each other *growl* champion of each family or clan duel... to win both into family or clan *rrrrr* and win permission to bring up children. *snarl* that way strongest family or clan protect more children. Not just from enemy, because uruk-children not strong or angry as adult, but still ...*hrrrr* "boistrous? Need learn discipline in *snarl* Isj-hai before taking dhaub-mul when become adult.

Too Damn Frothy

Palthera

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:18 pm    
Post subject:

*Crystal looks interested, as though it's an unusual way of doing things*

Oh right. Don't think it was really going to be an issue with my family, my mother and father met while travelling to Llaminusu. I believe that sea journey took considerably longer than is normal since my mother kept diverting the ship. My grandmother then decided that she had changed her mind and wanted to go to Guiadon instead, I suspect she'd noticed the interest and was manipulating things.
She's like that. Sneaky. Family trait.

*Crystal grins*

And then of course children are just raised by whomever happens to be about, we were lucky cause gran never really left the carriages so she was always there to watch us. Well, monitor us. Watching us would have been tricky for her.
Littlest Damn Hero

(Cara Dutson BR08)

Branch Ref

Vau

Branch Ref

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:33 pm    
Post subject:

*Vau's brow furrows*

So mother kept diverting ship *growl* but it grandmother that notice ... *rrrrr* "interest"? So then grandmother divert ship? *rrrrr* Must be sneaky because I confused by that. *rrrr*

More confusing... If kaalgrisch like kaalgrisch then why not just tell each other *growl* then take oaths? Should be simple for Kaalgrisch to accept gift of White Lady?

Too Damn Frothy

Palthera

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:40 pm    
Post subject:

*Crystal goes a bit pink*

Possibly it makes more sense if I say that both my mother and my grandmother were working towards the same goal, but weren't working together? Besides, usually it takes time for people to realise they want to spend the rest of their life together. I mean, my sister liked lots of men, but she hadn't yet found one she liked more than all the others or one she wouldn't... um... *the redness deepens a bit but Crystal seems to decide that once started she might as well finish* ...get bored of.
Littlest Damn Hero

(Cara Dutson BR08)

Branch Ref

Vau

Branch Ref

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:55 pm    
Post subject:

*Vau considers her words then responds somewhat sadly.*

So easier if both kaalgrisch and both want same goal? *growl* So once take time to realise what feeling *rrrrr* know then whether want make promise. Kaalgrisch missed sister friend with many *rrrrr* but not want make promise to them? That normal for kaalgrisch though? Even I have many more friend than deserve because *snarl* foulspawn, but even though like, would not want to make promise to an... to mo... *growl* is none now I will make promise too.

Never get bored of kaalgrisch friend *he adds quickly* just not want... not... not... one. *he stammers to a halt*

Too Damn Frothy

Palthera

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:57 pm    
Post subject:

*Crystal smiles slightly wistfully and then sits up*

Huh, how time gets on, I have to go south. Gonna go investigate a mysterious house on the edge of an enchanted forest, should be fun. I will hopefully see you soon, you can help me throw the militia in the river if you like, tis time they all learned some proper swimming so they don't embarrass me.

*She scrambles to her feet and stuffs her still slightly damp clothes into the same sack as her armour before coming over to give Vau a hug and a very brief kiss on the cheek.

She stands and waves as she sets off south, actually getting the direction right first time for once without apparently noticing.*
Littlest Damn Hero

(Cara Dutson BR08)

Derby Fools And Heroes Forum Index -> Tesrae