Welcome to the Derby Branch Messageboard.

When creating a username, please use your real name and put your Membership No. in the signature.
Please abide by the Society Web Guidelines when posting.

Profile Register Memberlist Search Log in to check your private messages Usergroups FAQ Log in

*Beside the fireplace...

Derby Fools And Heroes Forum Index -> The Horse and Cart

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Branch Ref

Chris

Branch Ref

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:38 am    
Post subject: *Beside the fireplace...

...sat with his back to the flames, Nathaniel appears to be intent upon drinking himself into a stupor, two empty bottles lie discarded upon the table and the innkeeper watches him with a stern eye in case of trouble. His demeanour has been both waspish and tenchy, snapping at the poor serving boy who asked for his order and his brooding visage has driven away custom from that portion of the inn, despite the pleasant warmth of the fireplace upon this autumn night. Curiously for his usual lack of jewelery however he now wears two small silver rings inlaid with precious gems that catch the firelight causing them to sparkle, one upon each index finger.*

Too Damn Frothy

elhall79uk

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:55 am    
Post subject:

*Straw enters and looks about. Seeing Nathaniel she grins, after a slight hesitation she cocks her head in question as see senses the mood*

*She heads over to the barman and after a very brief conversation and the handing over of some coin she goes over to Nathaniel*

Hey, mind if I join you?

*Not waiting for an answer she starts to climb into one of the chairs*

In Rolbor's name

Lupi Fibbleweed

Branch Ref

Chris

Branch Ref

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:43 pm    
Post subject:

*He inclines his head at the bench beside the table which is far more fitting for Straw's size than one of the chairs.*

If you wish Straw, although in all honesty I'm not the best of company at the moment. Your quite a way from Tesrae though if I must say so myself.

Help yourself if you wish.

*He gestures to a half full bottle of what appears to be a murky liquid...possibly wine? As he does so he leans over, re-filling his own glass before offering her the bottle. His voice sounds slightly hoarse and cracked, and far more terse than usual. Although from his manner he doesn't seem to have noticed the change in his own demeanour.*

Master

Phyrehawk

Master

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:13 pm    
Post subject:

After a brief clattering of hooves and a couple of brief conversations, first in Elven and then in Ithronian Fin enters the bar. Despite looking better than he did when he entered the Neverthong Arms several days ago, he still has a slightly haunted look on his face and patches of died in blood the front of his robes.

Looking around he spots Nathaniel and Straw sat at one of the tables and he walks over, laying down his weapons, shield and pack against the wall before grabbing one of the seats. "Good evening," he says quietly, with a small smile at Straw. "Is everything okay Nathanial? Your message sounded urgent."

Jason Crutchley BC

Too Damn Frothy

elhall79uk

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:15 pm    
Post subject:

*Straw takes the bottle and sniffs it, she looks at the glass in front of Nathaniel*

I saw that you were back in the area so I thought I'd come and see you, Tesrae isn't that far...

*Straw looks briefly around for a glass*

So what exactly is the problem? Why aren't you good company today?

In Rolbor's name

Lupi Fibbleweed

Derby Fools And Heroes Forum Index -> The Horse and Cart