Welcome to the Derby Branch Messageboard.

When creating a username, please use your real name and put your Membership No. in the signature.
Please abide by the Society Web Guidelines when posting.

Profile Register Memberlist Search Log in to check your private messages Usergroups FAQ Log in

Militia Morning Briefing

Derby Fools And Heroes Forum Index -> Tesrae

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Too Damn Frothy

NPC

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:13 am    
Post subject: Militia Morning Briefing

(This takes place one morning between the XXth and XVth of Thawing MXI. The militia have carefully swept the area before the briefing and ensured that only loyal militia can overhear.)

*Cor'Faernos Teöl Maegalion stands uncomfortably in the barracks yard of the Tesrae Militia in the chill morning air.*

"As some of you are aware, Calimaegil Gilead has had a visitation that may be a guide on the task he has set himself. We also believe that this task also requires the presence of Her Grace, Holy Mother Nenharma, Primate of Kharach."

"We believe that the mission will lead to the halls of the cult of Kinslayers that kept the shame of the Abhorred One secret from our people. This cult, the Dinmeathor, may be no more, but do not assume that means that their legacy poses no further danger."

"Eraeya Fëarian has offered the Primate payment for the mission, because she has reasons to believe that there will be an opportunity to serve the cause against Ar'Varok's regime. What aid there will be, we do not know, but that is why there must be some of us present to advise her of the needs of the exiles and the resistance."

"Because this mission touches on the legacy of the Kinslayers I will not be ordering anyone to accompany Gilead or the Primate. However, I will remind you all that we know that there are dark places we must walk, before we can bring Eldenshay out with us into a new dawn. Now we have an idea of exactly how dark those places will be. I know you are brave and have faced injury and death with a song in your heart and resolve in your soul, but the risk here is greater than flesh, greater than death. We may say we have only our lives to give for our people, but there are costs that may be greater, our reputations, our honour. Now that you see the path, who amongst you will put aside their pride as well as their fear and walk it?"

Too Damn Frothy

Bronkowitz

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:27 pm    
Post subject:

Cor'Faernos, if my brother-in-arms needs me, I will accompany him, no matter how dark the path may be.

Steve Daniels
DE0295

Derby Fools And Heroes Forum Index -> Tesrae