Welcome to the Derby Branch Messageboard.

When creating a username, please use your real name and put your Membership No. in the signature.
Please abide by the Society Web Guidelines when posting.

Profile Register Memberlist Search Log in to check your private messages Usergroups FAQ Log in

A sermon from the Sidhean chapel

Derby Fools And Heroes Forum Index -> The Chapel

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Master

Fraser

Master

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:03 pm    
Post subject: A sermon from the Sidhean chapel

*Book in hand, Sebastian preaches from the pulpit*

We are at the onset of winter and I have a plea for you.

The city of Ashbourne has fallen to daemon worshippers. From there, they seek to summon forth foul spirits which will no doubt strike a pestilence upon this land. Such things are against the ways of nature and the way of the gods. History teaches of the blight caused by such foul magics. With it comes a blight that will wither crops and make barren the livestock. Further, I know of the deeds of daemon worshippers. I have seen them in my travels and they are foul. They perform unholy rituals drenched in blood. They raise the heads of children on spikes and torture the parents before them. It is a hideous act and one which must be stopped. For if they are not, then beware! For Exmead may share the same fate as Ashbourne.

This is a righteous task I ask of you. It is welcomed by all the gods, for the ending of abominations will grant you a blessing from each one of the Seven. For those of you with faith, you may see this as a chance to show your devotion.

A militia is being assembled with the aim of retaking Asbourne. It will need your help. If my plea here is heard, then I ask you to assemble at Hardwick hall. Anyone able bodied enough will be trained there by Sir Edward Langford of the Black Order. Think of the privilege; to be fed and kept warm over the winter while being taught combat by the knights of Ithron, and all for a most righteous cause. On our victory come spring, you will be able to return home as heroes with your names praised. Then you may make ready to plant your fields and as you begin the trading of the season, it will be in a safer world.

Derby Fools And Heroes Forum Index -> The Chapel