Welcome to the Derby Branch Messageboard.

When creating a username, please use your real name and put your Membership No. in the signature.
Please abide by the Society Web Guidelines when posting.

Profile Register Memberlist Search Log in to check your private messages Usergroups FAQ Log in

*Foj walks in*

Derby Fools And Heroes Forum Index -> The Horse and Cart

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Master

Bohemia

Master

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:24 pm    
Post subject: *Foj walks in*

*Foj walks in and straight up to the bar*

Hello. I am wondering if i might speak to the owner of this fine tavern? And please can i order a glass of milk while i am here? Thank you.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

Too Damn Frothy

NPC

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:15 pm    
Post subject:

How can I be of service Miss? If your looking for a room we have several available for the night, seeing as most of the adventuring community haven't come back from the Konn yet. Though, we don't get too many travellers through here with the troubles an all. Surely you'd be better off continuing to Eldenshay, rather than stopping here?

But milk you say? Now I don't serve anything that mild, this is a working mans establishment afterall. Though I have a cow outback, I can send one of the pot boys to get you some if you can't find something else you'd like.

NPC Barman

Master

Bohemia

Master

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:57 pm    
Post subject:

Sir, I would not wish to put you to that much trouble just for a drink. I will, however, require a room for about two weeks indefinately, if this is possible? Might i speak to you about the rates and such somewhere more private?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

Too Damn Frothy

NPC

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:13 pm    
Post subject:

As you wish but t'ain't no trouble at all.

If you require a room we have several available as I said, an if you have the coin to pay for them of course, but that can be discussed in private.

Still, are you certain you wouldn't prefer moving on to Eldenshay? It'd probably be safer for a young lass such as yourself, what with all the troubles an all. Mark my words, there's bad blood in the air at the moment, but business is business an I won't turn down a payin' customer.

NPC Barman

Master

Bohemia

Master

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:58 pm    
Post subject:

I believe I have enough for what i've asked. I would prefer to discuss this privately though. Might you show me the room?

(ooc - can a reff PM me about this when they have a chance?)

Too Damn Frothy

Bronkowitz

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:39 pm    
Post subject:

* Obviously a few days later Sam walks in and heads over to the barman*

GOdd evening, sir. I was told you had a lovely young Elven lady staying here a few days ago. Could you tell me if she is still staying here, please?

Oh, and could I have a pint of be.... no, better make that water, please?

Steve Daniels
DE0295

Too Damn Frothy

NPC

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:51 pm    
Post subject:

*the inn keeper looks up from where he is busily cleaning glasses, when he sees a familiar face he finishes his work and smiles at the customer*

Good eve Father Samuel sir, oh certainly sir she's been here for the last few days, although she ain't no trouble at all, never see her around in all honesty. But then again, them elves are private folk an keep to 'emselves, but still her coins as good as any other.

But water Father? A bit unusual for you I might say, still might I be askin' where ye've been? The Muligans lost their grandfather the other day, and he's all done up by the shrine waitin' to be sent on an all to his rest. They're at home now though, gone home for the night. So perhaps its best if you go see them on the morrow. If it ain't too bold to be sayin'.

Too Damn Frothy

Bronkowitz

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:56 pm    
Post subject:

I've been away in Nerese or somewhere like that, and was in Labry yesterday. *drinks some of his water* Right, I'll head over to the shrine and perfrorm the last rites for the gentleman then. I'll visit the Muligans tomorrow, as you say.

If you do see the Elven lady, could you let her know I'm needing to speak to her? Thanks.

*Sam walks over to the door, looks back at the barman*

I've decided not to drink alcohol for a while - I seem to get myself into trouble when I do.

Steve Daniels
DE0295

Too Damn Frothy

NPC

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:02 pm    
Post subject:

*the inn keeper nods sagely*

Aye your a good heart there sir, make no mistake. But if your intending to come back after your duties, there'll be a half pint of honey ale here on the house if you be wantin' it. I know the Muligans took their loss hard.

I'll have a note left by her door for ye Father in the morning, its past the hour to be disturbing guests after all.

NPC Barman

Too Damn Frothy

Bronkowitz

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:16 pm    
Post subject:

Thank you for leaving the note. I'll possibly take you up on the ale another ime. I'll be busy most of the night preparing the Muligans' grandfather for burial.

Good night to you, and the blessings of Kharach be on this house.

* Puts up hood and leaves the bar*

Steve Daniels
DE0295

Derby Fools And Heroes Forum Index -> The Horse and Cart