Welcome to the Derby Branch Messageboard.

When creating a username, please use your real name and put your Membership No. in the signature.
Please abide by the Society Web Guidelines when posting.

Profile Register Memberlist Search Log in to check your private messages Usergroups FAQ Log in

*Crystal's Fortified Ruin*
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Derby Fools And Heroes Forum Index -> Tesrae

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Branch Ref

Vau

Branch Ref

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:07 pm    
Post subject:

*Vau appears from the east in Eldenshay and crosses the "no mans land" to Tesrae. Arriving at Crystals ruin he slowly and laboriously strips layers of shredded and dented armour off, removing his swords and savagely throwing them tip first and quivering into the soil. He then draws ample chill icy water from the well and dowses himself, cleansing blood, sweat and dirt away. Once reasonably clean he walks up to the fortified ruin and collapses against it, shivering with the cold and damp...*

Gary Smith, Derby Referee, TGG

Too Damn Frothy

Palthera

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:20 pm    
Post subject:

*A young woman all wrapped up from head to toe, so only a pair of blue eyes are visible trots up to the ruin on an extremely beautiful horse. She doesn't dismount, but nudges the horse over and drops an envelope by the dark figure before turning her horse, moves off a bit then stops and calls over her shoulder.*

"Crystal should be about a day behind me, assuming she hasn't got lost or tried to eat the biscuits grandmother gave her"

Then she canters off out of sight.
Littlest Damn Hero

(Cara Dutson BR08)

Branch Ref

Vau

Branch Ref

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:07 am    
Post subject:

*Vau bows politely to the horsed figure with evident relief of the news she is well, and then stoops to retrieve the letter. He sits and reads at first looking shocked, confused, brief shocked surprise, then with a look of familiar resignation as he reads the rest. He rereads it through several times then he carefully folds the letter and puts it away as a look of iron hard resolve locks his features into his customary grim snarl.*

Too Damn Frothy

Palthera

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:01 am    
Post subject:

*Crystal strolls into view and makes her way over to her ruin, a large clanking sack slung over her shoulder which she deposits on the ground as soon as possible with a relieved sigh. Then she straightens up and smiles at Vau.*

Hello Vau, I hear your weekend did not go quite so well as mine.
Littlest Damn Hero

(Cara Dutson BR08)

Branch Ref

Vau

Branch Ref

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:31 pm    
Post subject:

*As Crystal comes within view Vau already watches, alerted by her familiar scent on the wind. As she places the bag down Vau rises from his seat and comes over to her, the delight in his face at seeing her once again only readable by a few.*

Crystal-az I glad meet again. *growl* I help mission into Eldenshay, I think kaalgrisch Crunch wanted I there in case *snarl* Last Chancer cause war. When got there *growl* Darian had launched pre-emptive attack, so we chase *rrrrr* damned and vampire into elven wood. Put down three creature with pale skin, point ears and terrible claws *growl* but they only cut by weapon with blessings on, and *snarl* still got better from wounds. Then someone else say "stake it" *growl* and they try but wood bounce off hard bones of chest. So I *rrrrr* crack chest open using blessed blade *growl* eventually *rrrrr* then they shove stake into still and *snarl* shrivel heart and it turn dust. Also try cut down Vampire Knight but *growl* his blade ripped through my breastplate as I was hacking at him. *rrrrr*

Most damage come from when jump into river *snarl* to spring undead ambush, *rrrrr* hard fight in surging current.

*Vau's expression subtly shifts to mild embarresment*

Was only lessers though, *growl* they hit armour too many time *rrr* still... *snarl* distracted... I think...

Too Damn Frothy

Palthera

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:59 pm    
Post subject:

*Crystal smiles slowly at the telling*

Oddly, I was trying to stop adventurers from slaughtering elves in Sortho. I was right too, a misunderstanding had caused the elves to attack us in the first place and of course my bloodthirsty companions went and made the situation worse.

*sighs*

Calling the sorcerer a bully was fun though, came back without a scratch, although the scout got blown up... Why did you have to jump in a river to spring an ambush, surely coming close would have made them climb out and come to you?
Littlest Damn Hero

(Cara Dutson BR08)

Branch Ref

Vau

Branch Ref

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:26 pm    
Post subject:

*growl* Lost quite a bit of blood, used every scrap of power could summon *rrrrr* arm almost lost all feeling *growl* before healed by High Father of White Lady, *snarl* will take armour to Church forge before go Darian *rrrrr* will need to be rebuild from scratch. *growl* need spare shield too. Had two smashed in battle. *rrrrr*

*Vau half reaches towards her unconsciously and then catches himself and lowers his arms.*

Undead in river sneak upstream to *growl* reinforce attack on elves, so not jump out when near. *snarl* Needed break hole in column so we pass through *rrrrr* but first in would be ambush by undead. *growl* better I than kaalgrisch.

Tor-u hon-lat.

Too Damn Frothy

Palthera

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:21 pm    
Post subject:

*Crystal smiles and hugs Vau quickly before stepping back*

Narnulubat.

*Crystal actually looks slightly amused at the recount of Vau's battering, although there is something of an edge to her smile*

You had two shields smashed? I've only lost two in my career, that's really quite impressive. I did alright out of the day, got three demons when we were set upon by seven of them, but I seemed to be particularly good at parrying that day, my armour barely got dented and I managed to avoid bleeding entirely.

Got told I was ignorant by an elf, but I'm used to that and I was sitting on his chest at the time so he was understandably upset.
Littlest Damn Hero

(Cara Dutson BR08)

Branch Ref

Vau

Branch Ref

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:11 pm    
Post subject:

Gakh dâgalûr? Srizmau-lat! Your prowess comfort I *growl* both when by side and when far. Will both need prowess *snarl* against dead city.

*Vau gestures toward the campfire*

Throquûrz-lat? Have lamb cooking in pot under firepit for most of day *growl* should be tender and falling from bone by now.

Too Damn Frothy

Palthera

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:18 pm    
Post subject:

*Crystal grins*

Very hungry, and lamb sounds very nice. I've only had these... *Crystal dips a hand in her bag and removes a few lumps of what initially looks like burned black rock, until she breaks one in half to reveal a soft, sticky dough* I don't know how she manages it, but I couldn't refuse when she offered...

Oddly, the presence of only these to eat has made me not-hungry all day...

*she smiles crookedly*

I'm glad that despite triggering ambushes and burning through all your power you managed to survive intact.
Littlest Damn Hero

(Cara Dutson BR08)

Branch Ref

Vau

Branch Ref

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:36 pm    
Post subject:

*Vau flickers a smile*

Have also found plants *growl* so you not get ill, roast some roots with *rrrrr* lamb and heating rest in steam of pot *snarl* over fire.

Also glad still alive, *growl* even if Udu-az kind enough to let into halls, not sure how Elysium could be Elysium for I if you not there.

Too Damn Frothy

Palthera

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:28 pm    
Post subject:

*Crystal smiles*

I think the point of Elysium is that it's Elysium regardless of the company. But it would make my life a lot less interesting, *half smiles to herself at something remembered*

Steamed vegetables and lamb sounds even better. But anything is better than the biscuits of Doom... *puts the biscuits back in the bag* ...probably including raw wolf. *grins*
Littlest Damn Hero

(Cara Dutson BR08)

Branch Ref

Vau

Branch Ref

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:31 pm    
Post subject:

Forgive *growl* just can only guess how Elysium like by comparing how feel when you close to I.

Use not understand *growl* why kaalgrisch fear death, when know they certainly go to gods, not like foulspawn who must earn. Now know why they want *rrrrr* stay Arda long as can.

*Vau returns to sit by the fire and clears the glowing embers to unearth the pottery pot under the fire. He opens the pot releasing a fragrance of slow roast meat and herbs, and quickly fills a platter with meat and vegatables and one with meat alone.*

Lûp Thrakfrûmaz... Lûp Udu-az.

Too Damn Frothy

Palthera

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:18 am    
Post subject:

*Crystal goes to settle herself beside him and happily takes her own plate*

Praise be to the Seven. Thank you Vau.

I met an elf on Sunday who was most upset at being stuck on Arda, I think I confused him when I said I'd be happy to wander Arda for most of forever if I got the opportunity. There's so much to see I don't think I could get bored of it.

So there is a treaty with the elves now? I can no longer negotiate my way here by the number of arrows skittering off my shield?
Littlest Damn Hero

(Cara Dutson BR08)

Branch Ref

Vau

Branch Ref

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:43 am    
Post subject:

*growl* I not think they allow non-elf in still *rrrrr* but may get shouted rather than shot at *rrr*

*Vau with exaggerated care picks up an iron fork and eats with as much decorum as he can manage.*

Derby Fools And Heroes Forum Index -> Tesrae