Welcome to the Derby Branch Messageboard.

When creating a username, please use your real name and put your Membership No. in the signature.
Please abide by the Society Web Guidelines when posting.

Profile Register Memberlist Search Log in to check your private messages Usergroups FAQ Log in

*At the manor*
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Derby Fools And Heroes Forum Index -> Tesrae

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Master

Fraser

Master

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:12 am    
Post subject:

I...but, you... I only meant...

*Looks on with part bemusement, part afrontation as Straw laughs away*

Too Damn Frothy

elhall79uk

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:39 pm    
Post subject:

*Between sobs of laughter*

The student... the master... oh dear me...

*Straw struggles to get herself under control*

Oh... it hurts to laugh like that. Thank you... I don't know why I found that so humours... but I must have need that.

Thank you... *Straw looks skyward for a moment* Thank you my Lord

*Cough*

Now then...

In Rolbor's name

Lupi Fibbleweed

Last edited by elhall79uk on Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:10 am; edited 1 time in total

Master

Celebgil

Master

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:03 pm    
Post subject:

At Straw's last comment, Isilwen seems to finally figure out what the hell she's laughing at, and giggles quietly behind her hand for a moment*

(Heather LD10)

Too Damn Frothy

elhall79uk

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:33 am    
Post subject:

I'm sorry, Isilwen... it brought back memories.

*The laughter finally under control, a relaxed grin is all that is left*

George... While we all do things for those we care about, things that we might not do under normal circumstances... I do hope that you will learn some patience before you get too hurt.

You did well this past weekend. Better than you did those moons again when going to Sharda. I haven't forgotten what we managed to do down there...

I don't want to sound too harsh here, but you need to start to realise that aren't three Master Mercenaries, Two Scouts, Four Priests and a Master Mage all rolled into one, like in some fantasy tale. You need to concentrate on your role and allow others to do what they do best.

You are a good companion to adventure with, don't get me wrong... but you still need experience.

*Gives a little chuckle*

Your example... your... 'what if Vampires are invading' story. I hope that you'll have the common sense to get help and not climb any trees to try and attack something that had already incapacitated Isilwen already. I hope that you'd go and find Priests, Devoted or at least some of her own guards to help you. You see what I mean?

Oh... Isilwen... while I think about that. I'm sure that we'll start to get questions raised about Shrines, have you had any thoughts about where we can put them?

In Rolbor's name

Lupi Fibbleweed

Master

Fraser

Master

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:44 am    
Post subject:

*Dips his head in acceptance of the words, but whether he actually agrees or even really understands them...*

Yes Miss Straw, I see what you mean.

Master

Phyrehawk

Master

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:25 pm    
Post subject:

Fin blinks in confusion at the talk of the vampire and the joke he's obviously missed completely, though he perks up slightly when Straw mentions what they did the past weekend.

"If I may go off topic a second... What did we do down there? Between... switching bodies with Tegan and concentrating on Xanthiel I think I missed the important bit of why throwing the mithril down the pit worked... It's what I wanted to ask you anyway and as it's come up..."

Jason Crutchley BC

Master

Celebgil

Master

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:37 pm    
Post subject:

As for shrines, I would suggest where we tried to put them last time, back at the old shrines. It would seem appropriate to restore the area to the way it was before He destroyed it.

(Heather LD10)

Too Damn Frothy

elhall79uk

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:28 pm    
Post subject:

Fin, what we did was end not only the curse on Tesrea, but also free the curse on the Dwarves as well. I'm sure that Isilwen can explain the details of how it worked... to be honest I was starting to think that we'd never be able to end it... that there would always be something more to do.

*Smiles over at Isilwen* Isilwen put in a lot of work and a lot of effort to get the information on how to break the curse. It was a lot of hard work, if it hadn't been for her ground work we would have been lost.

How is Xanith settling in? I haven't been able to see her, but I do have her permit for her. We'll officially set up working with Crystal, that'll sort the permit issue. In the meantime she can work with you on your next project.

I would have helped to settle her in... but... *Shrugs and winces slightly* ,,, I'm sure you understand that I was a little 'distracted' at the time.

In Rolbor's name

Lupi Fibbleweed

Master

Phyrehawk

Master

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:48 pm    
Post subject:

He looked at Isilwen and smiled. "Heh, I didn't even realise that there was a curse on the Dwarves...

"Sorry though Isilwen, I should have helped you out with it..." he glanced down, a guilty look on his face.

"Quite well actually. Indis was slightly confused when I turned up with her, but I told her we're going to take care of her for a while, in case there are any more Varga-Hai or those heretics wandering around..."

He paused, looking thoughtful. "They WERE heretics, weren't they? I mean I know someone mentioned excommunicate runes but..?"

"But yes, she's fine for the time being - turns her nose up every time a dwarf walks past but... She's unused to being in proximity to them I think and with Halthane's clan working everywhere." he gave a helpless shrug.

"I'm going to need to question her again about that story if I'm to head to Fhaintesrae but I don't think she'll mind. She seems to be relieved to be amongst kin again.

"I can take the permit to pass along to her though, if you like? And let her know where to head to report to Crystal? I understand though, completely. I'm just sorry I could not be of more assistance."

Jason Crutchley BC

Too Damn Frothy

elhall79uk

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:37 pm    
Post subject:

She doesn't need to report to Crystal, not unless she wants to. We need her memories and her other talents. But if she's going to carry weapons then we need her to have a reason to have them.

They were all excommunicants. I didn't ask from which God they turned from, I didn't really care at the time.

Also, express to her that if she causes any problems with the Draves then we'll have to have words. We are suppose to be working together and Tesrea is neutral ground. *Looks to Isilwen with a frown* That's right isn't it? *Looks between Fin and Isilwen as if unsure of the reactions on this subject, not wanting to thread on any toes* If she starts any arguements then we will not look favourably on it, just we would on any Dwarf or Human who threatened the peace.

In Rolbor's name

Lupi Fibbleweed

Master

Fraser

Master

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:08 pm    
Post subject:

That sounds like a good thing to keep Tesrae. I'd hate to see any further damage done.

Even though I've not spent much time here I love the place. Theres so many areas to explore, and lots of people to play games with. I'm just sorry that I'm leaving again so soon.

Too Damn Frothy

elhall79uk

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:20 pm    
Post subject:

Are you heading north again, George?

In Rolbor's name

Lupi Fibbleweed

Master

Fraser

Master

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:53 pm    
Post subject:

Unfortunately yes Miss Straw

I...have some business. But I dont know if I want to do it.

*A frown crosses his face, dispelling any youthful enthusiasm and momentarily making him look several years older*

Its...theres a necromancer, and he needs to face justice.

Too Damn Frothy

elhall79uk

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:44 pm    
Post subject:

If you want to talk about it... I can't think of a better group to discuss any matters with.

*Looks briefly at Fin before looking back at George*

I think it's safe to say that we put our lives in each others hands. While we don't necessarly know each other as some friends or family... I think that between us I'd be happy to discuss almost anything.

*Looks hard at George*

Are you ok?

In Rolbor's name

Lupi Fibbleweed

Master

Fraser

Master

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:08 am    
Post subject:

*As George speaks, his frown deepens, becomming angrier*

Its...I...

*Glances at Isilwen*

I think I wrote in one of my letters to you that I'd been captured with Sir Edward and Foj by a heretic. He and his children were...not nice to us.

*George stops, and sits staring at the floor for an awkwardly long moment, remembering things. As his hands begin to shake he curls them into fists*

*Eventually, head still dipped he continues speaking*

That was...the first time I ever really wanted to kill someone.

Derby Fools And Heroes Forum Index -> Tesrae