Welcome to the Derby Branch Messageboard.

When creating a username, please use your real name and put your Membership No. in the signature.
Please abide by the Society Web Guidelines when posting.

Profile Register Memberlist Search Log in to check your private messages Usergroups FAQ Log in

*A young woman...*
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Derby Fools And Heroes Forum Index -> The Horse and Cart

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Master

Celebgil

Master

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:59 pm    
Post subject: *A young woman...*

*...dressed all in red, with a red tabard bearing an emblem of a rose twining round a sword, carrying a large red shield bearing the same device, and wearing on her belt a longsword and a hammer, enters the bar, and looks around curiously*

Alright Barkeep? Tankard of ale if you don't mind.

*she takes her ale over to a seat by the fire, and removes her weapon belt so she can sit down more comfortably. The sound of chainmail can be heard as she slumps into a chair*

Ouch, hard journey up from Portsdean. Those carts aren't comfortable.
*shifts as though her behind hurts*

So... what's going on round here? I heard there might be a hiring this Sunday?

(Heather LD10)

Master

Phyrehawk

Master

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:09 pm    
Post subject:

Fin wanders in to the bar, muttering to himself under his breath and cussing quietly in Elven. He has a few sheafs of paper clenched in one hand, his staff clenched in the other. Across his face is a ugly burn scar that stretches from cheek to cheek across his mouth.

"...Yes... Because SAUNTERING into Eldenshay and asking them to stop using demons and undead is BOUND to work." he scowls as he finds himself at the bar. He looks around for a second as if only just realising where he is before ordering a tankard of fruit cider.

He looks around as the drink is delivered, spotting Elizabeth sat at one of the chairs.

"Good afternoon," he half smiles, motioning to the seat opposite her. "Is this seat free?"

Jason Crutchley BC

Master

Celebgil

Master

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:16 pm    
Post subject:

"Oh, Hi Father Fin, yeah, take a seat. Be good to have some company."

*looks carefully at him*

You ok? You seem kinda grumpy.

(Heather LD10)

Master

Phyrehawk

Master

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:26 pm    
Post subject:

He waves as she addresses him as Father. "Please, just Fin."

"Frustrated rather than grumpy. I am not sure whether you follow the noticeboards but the discussion stemming from Marina Waters asking to speak to a Sir DeBerasol. It's just proven how stupid and close minded some people can be..."

"I mean one person..." he flipped through the pages he held to find a certain letter, "...suggested that we 'go and sort them out yourselves.' How on Arda do you "sort out" Eldenshay? Besides, of course the popular method amongst the adventuring community of putting each one of them to the sword." he threw the papers down on the table in disgust.

"Marina is a Sea Elf, her people have a different outlook and way of looking at the Gods, but their beliefs are essentially the same from what she said. But she has been harried and accused of heresy..."

His voice faltered slightly and he rubbed his fingertips along the scar.

"Sorry..." he said meekly, glancing up at Elizabeth. "It is poor of me rant in a such a way."

He sipped from his tankard before staring down into the amber liquid.

Jason Crutchley BC

Master

Celebgil

Master

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:42 pm    
Post subject:

Yeah, I spotted all that ranting and raving on the noticeboards. It's amazing how much anger and bitterness people can get across on a bit of paper.

I don't know a lot about this Eldenshay place. Miss Crystal explained some of the geography of Derwentshire. From what I've read i nthat argument, Eldenshay is the elven woods, right? And some of them are worshippers of aominations, but not all of them, right? And their king doesn't want to be part of ithron, even though Eldenshay is on the King's lands? Have I got the right end of the stick?

It's not nice what's happening to that Sea Elf lass, she seems alright. A bit confused, but a good lass.

How are your lips by the way? They look sore. Have you had them seen to?

*at the apology she shrugs*

Hey, feel free to use me as a sounding board for whatever.

(Heather LD10)

Master

Phyrehawk

Master

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:15 pm    
Post subject:

"Eldenshay is indeed the home of most of the Elves in Derwentshire. It is ruled over by it's own self proclaimed King - a Dark Elf called..." he looks thoughtful for a second. "... Ar Varok."

"Until last year, Eldenshay was under the power of an Undead Prince. All of Derwentshire became a place of fear while the Prince ruled as his hordes of Demons, Undead and the Rangers of Eldenshay waged war with the rest of the area."

"Unfortunately, even though the Prince was destroyed, there are still some who held his views dear - Elven superiority for example. Some have also continued using the denizens of Sharda and the undead to do their bidding..."

He has a far away look in his eyes for a few second, before closing them briefly and looking back up at the Rose.
"They need to be stopped, I could not agree more, the use of these abominations especially... But not all of the inhabitants of Eldenshay are so inclined to favour abominations.

"Talk is increasing of going to war with Eldenshay, putting them to the sword... Some have even mentioned torching the forest and burning it to the ground but..." he sighed. "There must be another way..."

He shrugs. "I will have to speak with Straw or Isilwen I guess..."

"My lips... ache, but they have healed. It's just mainly scarring now. I think the only way I could have them fully healed is by speaking to a Vleyborian about a ritual of regrow... But my money is better spent elsewhere I think for the sake of my looks. My wife does not mind it so I do not either."

"How's your arm? Healed well?"

Jason Crutchley BC

Master

Celebgil

Master

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:22 pm    
Post subject:

*flexes her right arm (her sleeve and the chainmail beneath slips back slightly and you'll notice red welts and scarring on her forearm, some in the shapes of unfinished spirals)*

Yeah, the arm's fine now, the Primate of Vleybor sorted it out, praise be to Vleybor.

Thanks for the lowdown on what's going on round here. You'll just have to tell me what's going on when I adventure round here, so I don't hit the wrong person.

Shame about your lips.

(Heather LD10)

Branch Ref

Chris

Branch Ref

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:27 pm    
Post subject:

---The stamp of hooves can be heard outside, along with the faint whiny of a stallion. The sound of boots stamping upon the floor can be heard, and the creak of leather tack being secured. Shortly afterwards the door is opened and Nathaniel dressed in his worn, patched frockcoat and riding boots enters the Horse and Cart, his battered scabbard secured to his belt and the long poinards hilt protruding from his the lip of his boot. A satchel is tossed nonchalantly over his shoulder and his eyes reflect a certain excitement. Raising a swift gesture of greeting to both Elizabeth and Fin he hurries over to the bar...---

Why excuse me my good sir, perchance could I request a flagon of wine, some oats for the beast outside, along with enough bread, cheese and salted beef to keep a man in the saddle for three days? ... What? The bread's not risen yet! Typical, well I'll simply have to wait then won't I?

---Irritation written upon his face he turns around to the two other figures in the bar, and offers them a slight bow.---

I do apologise my friends for my awfully rude and possibly churlish attitude, but today is really one of those days.

Master

Celebgil

Master

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:30 pm    
Post subject:

Alright Nathaniel, off on a trip? Anywhere nice?

(Heather LD10)

Branch Ref

Chris

Branch Ref

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:38 pm    
Post subject:

Unfortunatley not my dear sweet lady Elizabeth, although I must offer my utmost congratulations for what would appear to be your acceptance into the Order of the Rose.

Unless my eyesight is playing me false, potentially due to it being near struck blind by your radiant beauty? Red is certainly your colour.

Master

Phyrehawk

Master

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:44 pm    
Post subject:

Fin frowns as the marks and scarring on her arm and at the half formed spirals. "Though it looks likes it's taken a beating since then... What happened?"

"The best advice I can give you is to stay away from Eldenshay. If you stray too close, on your own. You're likely to be shot. That's generally the fate of any none Elves trying to get in."

He smiled slightly. "It could have been worse than my lips, it could have been our lives. My fate was drawn to that place and I was needed there at that time. Tralda knew what I would have to forfeit, so I honestly do not mind so much. My Lady often works in mysterious ways, who am I to question it?"

Jason Crutchley BC

Master

Celebgil

Master

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:46 pm    
Post subject:

*winks* I'd bloody hope it's my colour as it's all I'll be wearing pretty much forever!

And you're entirely right, I'm now a novice of the Rose Order. I got a lovely letter from the Holy Mother and everything.

By the way, considering the vows I've just taken I'd like to point out, flattery will get you nowhere.
*sticks out her tongue then grins*

So where are you going, if it's not nice?

*to Fin*

Well I'm Crowan, we tend to get a bit beaten up. At least the heretics on that island shouldn't bother anyone again, and the world didn't end, so that's good!

*pulls the sleeve back down a little too fast*

(Heather LD10)

Branch Ref

Chris

Branch Ref

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:53 pm    
Post subject:

---Turning towards Fin---

In all fairness though, all Eldenshay is, is simply one large ominous forest. It's not as though most people would actually wish to pay the place a visit. Personally the forest itself always seems somewhat alive to me, as though it's watching you, ensuring you cause no harm or mischief whilst within it's confines. I'd sooner traverse the Drakheart any day of the week.

---After her last words, he raises an eyebrow towards Elizabeth---

End of the world you say? How so?

Flattery though my lady? Surely it would be scandalous for a gentleman such as I, even though I am now a Doctor within the Guild of Physicians to so shower a lady Rose with flattery. I instead simply spoke the truth. ---He offers her a slight roguish smile, in fun.---

But no, although I would wish to be taking ship to the southern, fairer climes of souther Guiadon it is not to be. I have an appointment in the south of the country with a friend of mine, which I really should keep.

Master

Celebgil

Master

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:56 pm    
Post subject:

End of the world wise...Well there were some mages, and we were told to go stick some magic sticks in the ground at certain points to send power to Lord Kharach. All well and good. Then one of them let slip that it was meant to kill everyone in Ithron to send their souls as power... turns out the mages were lunatics. So we had to go and pull out the sticks that were still accessible to stop everyone dying.

Which we did, and as far as I know, the world hasn't ended.

(Heather LD10)

Too Damn Frothy

Bronkowitz

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:24 pm    
Post subject:

*The door is opened and Sam walks in, his hood pulled far forwards, shadowing his face. He walks (somewhat unsteadily) over to the bar. After ordering a drink he looks around the room.*

Ah, Nathaniel, perfect. Could I trouble you for some medical advice?

*He turns to Fin and the young lady*

My apologies for interrupting. If I may steal him away for a few minutes?

Steve Daniels
DE0295

Derby Fools And Heroes Forum Index -> The Horse and Cart