Welcome to the Derby Branch Messageboard.

When creating a username, please use your real name and put your Membership No. in the signature.
Please abide by the Society Web Guidelines when posting.

Profile Register Memberlist Search Log in to check your private messages Usergroups FAQ Log in

During the day
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Derby Fools And Heroes Forum Index -> The Horse and Cart

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Journeyman

Glenn

Journeyman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:41 pm    
Post subject:

*to Rhianna*

right, thanks, will do..tomorrow...possibly not, I;ve got some research I need to get to grips with

*to Lilly*

I dont know about grey wraiths, but I do know that those who come close to death are being increasingly drawn to gloomy thoughts and feelings of isolation and depression...we need to help you stave off that feeling
Don't like you now and probably never will
You cheat and lie, and wonder why
You can't sleep at night ...

Master

Lily Phoenix

Master

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:51 pm    
Post subject:

"That's true. But the way people have been treating me recently hasn't really helped at all. I've been depressed for a while, and a little unhinged ever since I lost my arm. I've changed, I noticed that, and maybe a bit for the worse."

Lily sighs, and drinks some of her tea.

"I remember... before I died, I'd even considered going to the Fae, Gabe. How bad is that? That I felt so... so outcast and belittled by my peers and betters that I considered such a thing. Even now... knowing how I feel about Nathaniel, that lifts me a bit, but I'm too scared to really say anything. I gave him a note, but I don't know if he read it... and it was a childlike way of going about it."

She eats some of her food, looking a little morose.

"I just wanted the fact I helped Wesley to be something to be proud of achieving, not something that gets me such abuse. I'm not a brilliant person, nor was I a great Alchemist, but I tried, and all I have ever wished is good upon others. Except maybe Ed Fied. But you know what I mean!"

Charlotte Hall, DE19

Journeyman

Glenn

Journeyman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:00 pm    
Post subject:

Then you need to find what it is you think you can offer to your lady once more perhaps?

*he sips his beer*

I think..the fae arnt all bad, but they are strange and wonderful and dark and fire and light....dont go to them without company and don;lt stay with them.

*he watches her carefully*

You'll find your own way...like I was telling people yesterday, no one knows a persons future,dont; fear yours now, let it be and let it embrace you.

*smiles and stands*

Lass, it;s a long ride through the night and theres work needs doing tomorrow nearer my home...when the time comes, let me know if I can help and i'll coem back ok? For now...you take it easy, eat ,relax and sleep and when the time comes...go to Tralda and dedicate yourself to whatever taks she sets you, it;ll be fine, I promise

*he kisses her softly and tenderly on the forehead before heading out into the night*

(ooc...sorry lass...time for bed methinks!)
Don't like you now and probably never will
You cheat and lie, and wonder why
You can't sleep at night ...

Master

Lily Phoenix

Master

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:18 pm    
Post subject:

Lily sighs, and looks sadly at the fire.

Charlotte Hall, DE19

Master

Lily Phoenix

Master

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:05 am    
Post subject:

Lily spends her day in the Horse and Cart talking to the barman and what few patrons there are in the daytime. She offers to help out in the kitchen; but on doctor's orders the barman refuses her, and she frowns. Getting even more fidgety she sits in her chair by the embers of the fire, and tries to think of something to do.

Charlotte Hall, DE19

Master

WillBrown

Master

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:31 am    
Post subject:

Pounding footsteps can he heard heading towards the tavern. A rather sweaty Gawain enters, back from what appears to be a morning run. Clad in a simple tunic and trousers, he demeanour is somewhat different to when he wears his full armour. Whilst catching his breath, his asks for a tankard of water.

Slowly he regains his breath.

Master

Lily Phoenix

Master

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:49 am    
Post subject:

Lily looks up quickly when the door smacks open, and consequently grabs her forehead, likely suffering a bout of dizzyness. As it slowly clears, she watches him approach the bar.

"Morning, Gawain."

She coughs and hacks a little.

Charlotte Hall, DE19

Master

WillBrown

Master

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:54 pm    
Post subject:

Beads of sweat running down his face, Gawain turns

"Good morning Lily"

*Pauses as he notices her complexion and pallor. Concern crosses his features as he moves quickly across the bar*

"Forgive me Lily, but you look positively ill. Are you sickening with something? Can I have something fetched? A physician?"

Master

Lily Phoenix

Master

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:30 pm    
Post subject:

Lily laughs at this, and smiles.

"I'm not sickening, just recovering, but thankyou for your concern Gawain. I've been checked over by Gabriel and Defender Rhianna."

She took a swig of something that looked like mead.

"I died on Sunday, dear. And was brought back by my Lady's luck and Lady Vleybor's good graces on Monday morning. I'm just... recovering. I travelled far too soon from Eldenshay to here - I refused to stay, and it hit me a bit quick. So I'll be like this for a week or two. Hopefully I can get back to adventuring soon. I'm fidgety already, and it's barely been three days."

Charlotte Hall, DE19

Master

WillBrown

Master

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:25 pm    
Post subject:

"You died?"
*shock*

"How is it that you remain and move and talk? This is something I have not encountered before. Though I am pleased that you are living still.

What is the recovery process? When I took a sword thrust in battle, the wound festered, and I was near death. Recovery for me took a long time, and only after exercise and breathing control did I manage to get back on my feet. Im still shaking off the after effects of the wound now, hence my breathlessness. I digress.

Small steps to recovery. If it would please you, I shall be staying here for several more days til I next adventure, and would like to offer my assistance in any way I can help. It would be contrary to my knightly vows to leave a lady in distress else."

Master

Lily Phoenix

Master

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:10 pm    
Post subject:

"Do not be shocked, Gawain. I was assassinated. Looooong story. High Fathers and Mothers of Vleybor can perform the ritual of Resurrection - you pay a whole pile of money (though apparently, in my case... I'm not sure where the other fifty crowns went) and they perform the ritual, and you live once more and are cleansed.

I don't really understand it all, you should probably ask High Father Lalathorien. He performed the ritual to bring me back."

She nibbled on some chicken, and looked at him.

"All I know is I've got to rest for a couple of weeks, if not longer. But I am a restless soul, and I hate being bound and not allowed to do anything for fear of impeding the recovery process. I want to go out adventuring again; but I've been expressly forbidden by Lalathorien and Gabriel. They want me to recover my strength properly before I risk it."

"I'd appreciate the company, very much so. But I'd like to do things for myself, apart from travelling, for the moment. It helps me stay less fidgety, even though I really need to go and pray at Lady Tralda's shrine in the Cathedral... I don't have the strength for it yet."

Charlotte Hall, DE19

Master

WillBrown

Master

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:59 pm    
Post subject:

"Assassination? Despicable. I understand that recovery will take a while. Perhaps doing some small things? A walk perhaps, and to start building your strength. I am not good at staying in myself. I broke my stitches 3 times whilst recovering. Well, if my assistance is merely company, then I should have done something. Do you think you will be fit to adventure in derwentshire in the coming weeks? I was planning to myself."

Master

Lily Phoenix

Master

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:17 pm    
Post subject:

"Ah, tis the way of demons to be despicable, Gawain. I do hope I will be fit enough to adventure next fortnight - I think I'll go insane if I'm not allowed....!"

She eats a bit of her food, and fetches another jug of water.

"Little things, will get me places in time. But I'd like to help people now. I always have done."

Charlotte Hall, DE19

Master

WillBrown

Master

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:33 pm    
Post subject:

"Demons you say? Hmm interesting. I am fast learning about the creatures and beings of Ithron and how they work. Most interesting. I shall put it in my accounts one day."

As a cold draught creeps into the room, Gawain huddles slightly closer to the fire, and rubs his hand together

So where in Derwentshire are you from Lily, family there?

Master

Lily Phoenix

Master

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:42 pm    
Post subject:

"Demons are of Sharda, rather than Ithron, but your point stands. Go ask a Demonologist; what they're allowed to tell you should help you greatly."

Lily gets a maid to stoke the fire, after her attempts to start it up again herself are hastily thwarted by the Barman - "Doctor's Orders!"

"I'm not from Derwentshire originally. Was born up Mercia way, but moved here recently. I like it better, here. And I don't have any family, not that I know of. The only one I knew got killed by starving foulspawn." She grimaces.

"I try not to think about it, really. Life and the cycle go on, as the Longstorians say. How about you, where is it you come from? I've only seen you about these parts recently myself."

Charlotte Hall, DE19

Derby Fools And Heroes Forum Index -> The Horse and Cart