Welcome to the Derby Branch Messageboard.

When creating a username, please use your real name and put your Membership No. in the signature.
Please abide by the Society Web Guidelines when posting.

Profile Register Memberlist Search Log in to check your private messages Usergroups FAQ Log in

Throw Down Your Shackles People of Derwentshire!

Derby Fools And Heroes Forum Index -> The Main Square

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Too Damn Frothy

NPC

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:58 pm    
Post subject: Throw Down Your Shackles People of Derwentshire!

With the death of the hated and feared tyrant of Ithron King Stephen De,Isle at the hands of the Churches of Light and the country has begun its slide into chaos with the usurption of power by the Guildcouncil and the arrogant strutting of the Ducal powers. Now is the time to reach forth and declare youre independence from such regimes, now is the time to strike back against those who have kept their iron heel pressed against your necks.

Betrayed you have been, betrayed by your lords, who let your friends, families and loved ones be enslaved and slaughtered by the elves. Betrayed by the Churches of Light who have let your children be sacrificed by the forces of the Dark Gods, whilst the wrangle theological differences betwixt themselves.

No more!

No more say the Sons of the Betrayer!

Why must a man be subservient to another? Why must a man bow to either the divine or the mortal when he may be united in the spirit of brotherhood?

The town of Never Well has cast off its shackles of oppression and even now the corrupt and bloated Sir Aldred of the Boar hangs from a gibbet, rotting and broken as was his due fate for the crimes he comitted in life.

Join with us. Rise up against the established order. Cast down your nobility. Cast down the false faiths of Light and Dark and embrace the ideal of Brotherhood and Equality, as man was truely meant to live.

Long live the Betrayer
Long live the people of Ithron

Master

Halthane Oakenhaft

Master

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:10 pm    
Post subject:

*Halthane walks over reads the note and mutters*
Thundering Dooms! Any opportunity to have a rant. I'm getting tired of this.

*walks off and returns sometime later with parchment of his own, nailing it next to the other*

People of Derwentshire,
Listen not to the rantings of Chaos. Betrayed he says? The forces of light saved the people from the Bloodless Prince, have since ended hostilities with the Elves and have ended the threat of Darian, all this with the nobilities full support. Times have been hard and the fight has been long but that is no reason at all to turn against those who would keep you safe. This dissenter talks only of further chaos, further hardship, and further bloodshed. What is needed in this time of fear and darkness is restraint, not the kneejerk reaction of violence these Betrayers offer.

I am Halthane Oakenhaft, Devoted of Crowa these words are my own and I speak them freely, as this society allows. These betrayers hide behind the name of their cult can you trust such people? I pray to you think hard about what their promises bring and search your hearts. Is it freedom or chaos they invite? They speak of unity when what they mean is compliance. I have seen the results of their teachings and it is at the risk of your immortal souls. I Halthane Oakenhaft of the Clan MacAbre swear this is so, If I Lie may they take may beard and call me Oathbreaker. I will always protect the freedom, lives and souls of the innocent. People of Derwentshire, you know me; I do not hide behind rhetioric and words, I am a Dwarf of action and I do not lie to you.

Be free, do not succumb, have Faith.
Praise be to Crowa, Praise be to Crowa.
Halthane Oakenhaft

Peter Ryder DE??

Too Damn Frothy

Enigma

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:46 pm    
Post subject:

Will someone arrest the author of that note for heresy, please? I would but since I'm using a walking stick until my leg is working, perhaps a guard would be better suited to the task.

Too Damn Frothy

NPC

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:04 pm    
Post subject:

*a scrap of tattered parchment tacked beneath the written notices*

No Gods or Kings, only man.

Derby Fools And Heroes Forum Index -> The Main Square