Welcome to the Derby Branch Messageboard.

When creating a username, please use your real name and put your Membership No. in the signature.
Please abide by the Society Web Guidelines when posting.

Profile Register Memberlist Search Log in to check your private messages Usergroups FAQ Log in

*Approaching from the South*
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Derby Fools And Heroes Forum Index -> Tesrae

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Too Damn Frothy

Palthera

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:37 pm    
Post subject: *Approaching from the South*

*Crystal and a wary-looking half-orc with a half-healed gash running over the left side of his face come to the fortified ruin, the flowers not yet over for the season making the place still bright with colour*

Well Vau, this is the place I rather vaguely call home.

*Crystal's tone is also slightly cautious and offhand as she speaks to her companion*
Littlest Damn Hero

(Cara Dutson BR08)

Branch Ref

Vau

Branch Ref

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:53 pm    
Post subject:

bugd-izg "Tier"...

*The half orc eyes the ruins with suspicion*

Maudûl-lat? Skûtûrz lûl larg-morûrz fauth-golug?

Strange place kalgrisch golugsharlob Krystal. Fortified uruk fashion but left *rrr* open in places.

*He circles the ruin warily with one hand on his sheathed sword, then he stops by the totems and stares towards the forest to the east.*

Hon-golug izishu.

Gary Smith, Derby Referee, TGG

Too Damn Frothy

Palthera

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:27 am    
Post subject:

*Crystal wrinkles her nose in expressive distaste*

I don't want to call you "beast" when I know your name. Even if you don't.

It's just "Crystal", like the rock. Not "pureblood" not "half elf", just Crystal. *her smile is slightly wry* And if there are gaps in the fortifications you put them there, since you built this place not me.

*She moves between the stakes and faces Vau across the barrier, her voice still bland*

You may as well come a way in, i have no intention of doing you any harm.
Littlest Damn Hero

(Cara Dutson BR08)

Branch Ref

Vau

Branch Ref

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:26 am    
Post subject:

If want *snarl* harm, time already... *growl*

*He seems to be talking more to himself than the slender warrior before him. He edges past the barrier into the shelter very cautiously. He stops inside hand still resting on his hilt. Suspicion still on his face as he looks around.*

Zuag-bugd-izg "Tier" nar "beast."

Bugd-lat kalgrisch "Krystal" nar "Âmbalgund".

If I make *snarl* why I make wrong? Is gap... there... *growl* there... *rrrrr* there... *snarl* that gap is almost whole west side...

*He turns back to Crystal and his eyes narrow, as he sniffs the air again.*

Ufûrz-lat nar-izg! Mat? Golug-hai ufûrz uruk-hai agh uruk-hai ufûrz golug-hai, naan narhûr ushd-lat. Mat nar-lat mok-izg?

Too Damn Frothy

Palthera

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:04 am    
Post subject:

*Crystal takes a bag from her back and from it removes a large hunk of beef wrapped in greased brown paper and a loaf of bread before giving Vau an enquiring look*

I'll take a guess and assume you're hungry. I brought enough for both of us.

I didn't understand all of that last bit, my grasp of pukhluruk isn't perfect yet. But I already told you, we've been friends for some time. Just because you don't remember that doesn't mean I've forgotten.

*She unbuckles her weapon belt and lets it clatter to the floor on top of her discarded shield.*

Will you let me out of my breastplate please? *her tone is one of polite distance, a person making a request to someone they don't know very well*
Littlest Damn Hero

(Cara Dutson BR08)

Branch Ref

Vau

Branch Ref

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:48 am    
Post subject:

*Crystal can only hear the surprised gasp from the half-orc as she disarms herself and turns her back on him. For a moment he is still, eyes darting around for the co-conspirator or hidden weapon that could explain her confidence. Then he cautiously moves up behind her, growling softly. His taloned hands move swiftly over the straps, examining there function and arrangement.*

Will try speak *growl* pukhlithron but not know lot. Be better, *snarl* your accent... *rrr* strange pukhluruk. Pukhluruk nar-ûr golug laam.

*Looking down he selects the correct buckles and unstraps her armour. As the breastplate comes away he stares fixedly at the pulse in her exposed soft white throat. His growl drops from a nervous threatening to a hungry purr.*

Too Damn Frothy

Palthera

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:01 am    
Post subject:

*Crystal turns with a challenging look*

This half elf is not for eating. The chunk of deceased cow is for eating. I know it's not ideal but it's either that or go hungry unless we're attacked by Eldenshay.

*she's wearing a rather wry half smile*

I have seen your inestimable self control before, don't let a bang on the head get rid of all the hard won self discipline or I'll have to break your head. *her smile remains crooked and though her tone is light-hearted Crystal seems more subdued than normal.*
Littlest Damn Hero

(Cara Dutson BR08)

Branch Ref

Vau

Branch Ref

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:19 am    
Post subject:

*The half-orc curls his lip in a snarl at the challenge but then he nods slightly and steps back.*

No *snarl* not eat *growl* just... *rrr* scent... good to I, though smell of golug.

*He glances down at Crystal's discarded weapons and then back at the partially unarmoured half-elf. He then reliquishes his grip on the hilt of his sword and slowly unbuckles his belt and places it with his sword before her almost like a peace offering.*

Praise be *growl* generous Lord. Ask hos-pit-ality in your domain.

Too Damn Frothy

Palthera

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:21 pm    
Post subject:

*Crystal smiles happily, with a hint of relief*

Marvellous, I would have hated to match the gouge you've already got. But then a number of your scars are partially my fault, would only be right that I make another one.

Feel free to sit down while I get out of the rest of this metal, I don't like to wear it if I don't have to.

*She places the meat in neutral territory, hauls off her chain shirt and sits to pull off the plate and chain on her legs.*
Littlest Damn Hero

(Cara Dutson BR08)

Branch Ref

Vau

Branch Ref

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:14 pm    
Post subject:

*He kneels with a creak of leather and clash of metal, and waits for her poised and tense.*

You skar I kalgrisch golugsharlob Krystal? Yet your *growl* skin smooth. This "Vow" not fight back *snarl*? He not wound you *growl*? He do what say? Even goluglob battle priestess not want I follow her command. *snarl* Is I snaga to you?

Too Damn Frothy

Palthera

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:34 pm    
Post subject:

*Crystal smiles slowly*

You're hearing things I'm not saying and I'm not helping by being obtuse. I said "partially" my fault, I have never caused you an injury beyond knocking you out if you've been obeyed, There is a scar on your arm where I distracted you with a question while you were concentrating on something else and you brought the axe down on your own arm without looking where it was going.

*she shakes her head*

I'm not doing this very well. But perhaps the best way to explain is to say that since Vau and I are friends, we liked to not disappoint the other and each other's happiness is important to us.

*she shrugs*

It's still important to me, even if you're not Vau anymore.
Littlest Damn Hero

(Cara Dutson BR08)

Branch Ref

Vau

Branch Ref

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:06 pm    
Post subject:

*His brow furrows and he quickly strips the vambrace from his forearm and traces the jagged scar in his flesh with a single talon.*

You know this? *growl* Seem like know body *rrrrr* but one you talk about *snarl* not I. I uruk I not want "happy" *rrrrr* "happy" for uruk mean pain for kalgrisch.

Za kraur urukshara, but maybe shara dead, only uruk left. How could uruk make kalgrisch happy?

Too Damn Frothy

Palthera

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:08 pm    
Post subject:

If the man part of you is dead, it's only because you really wish it to be so. Because you wish to ignore it.

*The sentence is said with rather more heat than is usual for Crystal*

I've heard many times from you that the only happiness for an orc is at the expense of others, and I'm wondering if you want to believe that is so because life as Vau was too much for you. If being Tier is easier then by all means, you may live your life as Tier and forget that Vau ever existed.

*she shrugs as idly as she can, but there's a tightening along her jaw*

One way or another I will continue to be your ally, because I can't just forget the person I knew. I hope we will be friends even if you decide you don't want to try and remember being anyone else.

*she smiles wryly though her voice is flat.*

You're still a devotee of Crowa though, no amount of memory loss can change that. The prayer book is yours and you would be derelict in your duty to Crowa to deny it.
Littlest Damn Hero

(Cara Dutson BR08)

Branch Ref

Vau

Branch Ref

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:45 pm    
Post subject:

*He cocks his head one side at her sudden change in temperament, seeming more comfortable with the signs of anger behind her words.*

Is to be *growl* shara difficult? Is easy be just uruk because uruk strong? Not seem right. *snarl* Shara stronger in soul, should be easier being shara.

*He looks at her straight in the eye.*

Narziimarp-izg kalgrisch Krystal. If think that hard be shara I try, *snarl* but not know how. *growl*

Goluglob priestess say was great warrior, say was *growl* "man". That not I. I uruk footsoldier, nothing more. I not leave duty, *growl* I send pidgeon with message to Church to resume?

Too Damn Frothy

Palthera

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:54 pm    
Post subject:

*Crystal sighs and grins sardonically*

You could at least do me the service of not sounding like him if you're going to be someone else. He was convinced he was nothing but an lowly orc, him being a great warrior was other people's opinions not his own.

*she shrugs*

I daresay you'll be able to be Tier with relatively little comment, although it doesn't take a great leap of intuition to know that your friends from before your head got bashed will miss that which you were and try all they can to make you recall.
Although the man who replaced you as Defender of the Faith you don't have to worry about, because he died at the Communion.
Littlest Damn Hero

(Cara Dutson BR08)

Derby Fools And Heroes Forum Index -> Tesrae