Welcome to the Derby Branch Messageboard.

When creating a username, please use your real name and put your Membership No. in the signature.
Please abide by the Society Web Guidelines when posting.

Profile Register Memberlist Search Log in to check your private messages Usergroups FAQ Log in

*Crystal comes back to her ruin*
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Derby Fools And Heroes Forum Index -> Tesrae

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Branch Ref

Vau

Branch Ref

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:25 pm    
Post subject:

Crystal-az, if not feel guilt for fail, then may not try hard enough to resist. *growl* May not want resist. Faith in Seven can help turn fell sorcery from us *rrrrr*, protective spell may help or alchemical potion. *growl* but all are nought unless will to resist present.

*Vau kicks aside a large splinter of whittled stake before Crystal steps anywhere near it*

If not feel guilt that may fail promise to you *rrrrr* soul would be gone and demon would now walk in my flesh. *snarl* Guilt not bad, guilt gift from Seven to remind to try harder, be more faithful, be stronger, *growl* to never accept failure, and never to reject responsibility for own flaws. Without knowing how we weak can we be proud of what we do well?

Gary Smith, Derby Referee, TGG

Too Damn Frothy

Palthera

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:38 pm    
Post subject:

*Crystal frowns and stops, rotating one foot absent-mindedly just off the ground*

That doesn't make sense. If you always try your very best, you can't feel guilty about failing sometimes. Everyone fails sometimes. Same way as there are people who are better fighters than me, or better tacticians. I keep trying to be the best, because of pride, not because I feel guilty when I fail.

*she inspects the ground at her feet curiously*

Guilt is surely the wrong word in the fear of failing to keep your promise to me. Guilt is what you feel when you have done something wrong that you could have prevented. All you'd done was save some people and get tortured, which you resisted. Nothing there to feel guilty about.

*she pauses and adds flatly*

I've trod on a nettle. I dislike the small ones. Anyway, I don't see guilt as a good thing, it's either a pointless recrimination that someone should have done or not done something that they couldn't have known the right answer to. Or it's there because you didn't try hard enough in the first place - which shouldn't occur if a person has any conscience whatsoever.
I think you're looking at it the wrong way around. Trying your very best because things may turn out well that way is better than feeling guilty if they don't.
Littlest Damn Hero

(Cara Dutson BR08)

Branch Ref

Vau

Branch Ref

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:02 pm    
Post subject:

*Vau stops and tilts his head slightly in thought*

Perhaps word not translate right. *growl* Guilt when try and fail but think could have succeed if just tried harder, *rrrrr* but with help of Seven there nothing that cannot be overcome *growl* Nothing that cannot be achieved. So if fail, must not have tried as hard, or be as faithful as could have been. *snarl* I not try very best because have not achieved. *rrrrr* I fight for Red Lady, but that easy, fight is in nature. Follow order and keep control most of time, but *growl* flaws must be overcome so is minimum expected. So feel guilt for when fail *rrrrr* need to achieve to be proud.

*growl*

What "nettle"?

Too Damn Frothy

Palthera

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:30 pm    
Post subject:

*Crystal continues on*

Stinging nettle. An evil plant of evilness that stings if you touch it. I trod on one. Now my foot is sort of stinging and itches all at the same time. It's annoying.

Anyway, I think you miss a significant point. Help of the Seven does not mean, "doing everything for us". Sometimes we have to do things all on our own and that means that we might fail. If we do fail, we have to just pick ourselves up, chalk it up to experience and note what could be done better should the same situation arise. We mortals are expected to do things without whining to our Gods every time things get hard, they're there for us when we really need it, when nothing but divine intervention will stop this plane going pear-shaped. They're not there to sort out all our problems.
Littlest Damn Hero

(Cara Dutson BR08)

Branch Ref

Vau

Branch Ref

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:42 pm    
Post subject:

*Vau's eyes flash with fury as he looks around for the offending plant. From his gaze it is obvious that he is expecting some sort of animate tree over twenty feet tall.*

*SNARL*

Where?

*As he looks he growls below his breath.*

Think mistake I Crystal-az not want Seven to fight for I, Seven already give I gifts, they give everything that is good in I. Not ask them for more, *snarl* with Faith in them should be nothing cannot do.

Too Damn Frothy

Palthera

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:23 pm    
Post subject:

*Crystal points at a small, flattened, fresh-looking nettle, barely a few inches across with a sardonic smile*

I'm sure there's a purpose for them, beyond making me wear shoes all year round.

And there are surely things that faith alone cannot accomplish, not without direct intervention. Flying, for example. Simply having faith will not make impossible tasks possible, but sometimes the Gods will give us that boost that is needed to make a seemingly impossible task, possible. But it doesn't work for everything.
Littlest Damn Hero

(Cara Dutson BR08)

Branch Ref

Vau

Branch Ref

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:44 pm    
Post subject:

*Vau looks down with confusion and plucks the leaf, staring at it intently*

Seven give us what need. *growl* If need fly, we would fly. But Seven know not need. We get given what need whether we realise or not.

Too Damn Frothy

Palthera

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:07 am    
Post subject:

*Crystal smiles triumphantly*

See, then sometimes we need to fail, not always victory. If we can't do it all on our own, sometimes we need to be left to not succeed. So we learn.
Littlest Damn Hero

(Cara Dutson BR08)

Branch Ref

Vau

Branch Ref

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:17 am    
Post subject:

*Vau discards the ineffective leaf.*

Must be like tiny amount blade venom. *growl*

*He raises an eyebrow at her triumphant tone*

Yes sometimes fail, yes fail can teach, but only if feel guilt for failure. *rrrrr* If not feel guilt for failure, why try harder next time? Why try at all?

Too Damn Frothy

Palthera

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:46 am    
Post subject:

*Crystal sighs*

Perfect hindsight is a wonderful thing. Because you have all the information. Unfortunately, in the middle of a problem, you don't know all the whys and hows and whats, so you just make the best decision you can under the given circumstances.

Like... in the Lands, when I had to choose if we went first to lay Foj's soul to rest, or went to go get the big nasty. Having been told we only had enough time to do one or the other I decided we should go get Marcus, on the basis that since he was the one messing up Foj's soul his destruction would accomplish two goals in one go. Didn't work, but I don't feel guilty about wasting a few hours towing people around the Lands before getting Eddie blown up because I wasn't to know what would happen. How can I feel guilty for not being omnipotent? That's just a waste of effort.
Littlest Damn Hero

(Cara Dutson BR08)

Branch Ref

Vau

Branch Ref

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:07 pm    
Post subject:

*growl* That different situation Crystal-az. Theory sound. Not disproven. *snarl* Also priority was saving many soul by stopping evil. Would be good if save Golug-lob soul but not at expense of mission. *rrrrr* If mage not make error then perhaps succeed. You not feel guilty because your part went right as far as know.

*Vau reaches up with his free hand to absently touch the stakes as they arrive at the ruin. He closes his eyes briefly to relish the sensation of the warmth of the setting sun on his hide, the pleasantly scented summer breeze, and the feeling of her hand in his. His expression still firm as he seems to commit the moment to memory.*

Too Damn Frothy

Palthera

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:52 pm    
Post subject:

So? It works for all things. If I get hideously out-numbered in a fight, stabbed in the back and fall over and someone expires because I was out-matched and thus couldn't heal them... no guilt there either. Or if someone is swiftdeathed and injured on the body, so I don't see the poison, think I've healed them and they die... how can I feel guilty for that? I do my best, that's all anyone can demand of themselves.

*Crystal shrugs*

I just think guilt is a pointless waste of energy. Do your best because it is better to _be_ the best, as opposed to being guilty for not attaining aboslute perfection.
Littlest Damn Hero

(Cara Dutson BR08)

Branch Ref

Vau

Branch Ref

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:22 pm    
Post subject:

*Vau opens his eyes again*

*growl* Seem that you different from most. Most not try to be better, most seem happy not excel. *rrr* Seem guilt motivate well.

You not need negative *growl* seem you get all need from positive. Maybe why love you?

Too Damn Frothy

Palthera

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:17 pm    
Post subject:

*Crystal shrugs*

Opposites attract and all that. The world is a lot simpler to me it seems than it is to you.
Littlest Damn Hero

(Cara Dutson BR08)

Branch Ref

Vau

Branch Ref

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:15 am    
Post subject:

*Vau growls his assent as he surveys the ruin, satisfied that the clement summer weather has not caused much damage since he was last here.*

That why kaalgrisch think I stupid? *snarl* Because I simple compared to world? *rrrrr* You see world simple because you ... complicated *growl*.

*Reluctantly he lets go of Crystal's hand as he retrieves a staff. He then draws a vicious looking hooked and serrated orc-dagger and proceeds to lash it to the staff.*

When here last saw fish in river, *growl* never seen in this part before. You want I catch Fish supper. *rrrrr* Not take long.

*Abruptly his expression changes to one of concern*.
If I feel home not place but with you *snarl* what if not your home? Then would be *rrrrr* in-con-venient. Not think kaalgrisch Golugshara violently territorial like uruk, but still not be ... pleasant? Where your metaphor:home where heart is, Crystal-az?

Derby Fools And Heroes Forum Index -> Tesrae