Welcome to the Derby Branch Messageboard.

When creating a username, please use your real name and put your Membership No. in the signature.
Please abide by the Society Web Guidelines when posting.

Profile Register Memberlist Search Log in to check your private messages Usergroups FAQ Log in

Is anyone at home?

Derby Fools And Heroes Forum Index -> The Libraries

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Master

WillBrown

Master

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:10 pm    
Post subject: Is anyone at home?

"Hello, Librarian?

I'm seeking documents on the recent history of Eldenshay forest, and wondered if you would be able to assist, or direct me on the correct path?

*he waits patiently at the counter*

Too Damn Frothy

NPC

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:52 pm    
Post subject:

Hello Sir Knight, I am sure we can help. The period was an extremely painful and disastrous one for Derwentshire and one that we have failed to recover entirely from. The elves refer to it as the "Dagor-Delurūth" (the War of Hate and Wrath) and I find it quite a sensitive subject with most elves in the region who are not withdrawn into Eldenshay.

Before the rise of "the Prince" Eldenshay was ruled by a peaceful Council that sent representitives to the Council of Darian which advised the Earl on the peaceful rule of the area.

Is there a particular work you need, or particular facts you seek? For now I can guide you to the following works, but most are either incomplete or now out of date.

Eldenshay

Tel'Dagor-Delurūth

The Prince of Eldenshay

Master

WillBrown

Master

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:29 pm    
Post subject:

Those are most useful, thank you.

More specifically, I seek information on the trial of Baronet Isilwen, perhaps a document of her trial, and on elvish justice.

I also wondered if there were any local elven scholars or residents that you may be able to put me in touch with?

Too Damn Frothy

NPC

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:19 pm    
Post subject:

Which trial would this be? She was named Kinslayer during the Dagor-Deloruth due to the assassination of Aerenya Minhiriath at her wedding when Aerenya was meant to be her guest. This was later rescinded at the end of the Dagor-deloruth when King Stephen the Red granted her Baronet status in order for her to serve as a bridge between Eldenshay and Ithron by serving on the Eldenshay Council. However, she lost her seat on the council when Ar'Varok dissolved that body after claiming the ancient title of Tel'Aran'en'Eldenshay becoming Aran Ar'Varok. She was then exiled to the ruins of Tesrae on the Northwestern border of Eldenshay.

If you wish to discuss elven justice you can try to go to Eldenshay, but I wouldn't recommend it. However, I believe that Mother Idril Žerindė of Sidhe fled the rise of the Prince to join the Sidhean monastery near Eastreach. Assuming she avoided Baron McRory she may still be living there.

Master

WillBrown

Master

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:57 am    
Post subject:

Was she not arrested earlier in the year? I wondered what the results were, or if the investigation had been followed up and a report written. I've read some of her history, so I am a little more familiar with this.

I will accept you recommendation. Venturing near there would most likely end in my demise.

I will seek out this priestess, and enquire for more information.

Should you un-earth anything else of interest, would you be able to contact me? I can be reached a Labry Keep. Brother Marcus, a pleasure.

Derby Fools And Heroes Forum Index -> The Libraries