Welcome to the Derby Branch Messageboard.

When creating a username, please use your real name and put your Membership No. in the signature.
Please abide by the Society Web Guidelines when posting.

Profile Register Memberlist Search Log in to check your private messages Usergroups FAQ Log in

Outside the Militia Barracks

Derby Fools And Heroes Forum Index -> Tesrae

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Too Damn Frothy

NPC

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:55 pm    
Post subject: Outside the Militia Barracks

*A hooded figure watches silently*

Journeyman

BayonetAnderson

Journeyman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:40 pm    
Post subject:

*Gilead exits the barracks on his way to carry out some duty. He notices the hooded figure as he turns. His hand drops to the sword at his waist instinctively*

"Who are you? Identify yourself."

Branch Ref

Chris

Branch Ref

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:00 pm    
Post subject:

Following Gilead from the barracks, the typical grim expression upon his face at the sight of the stranger Cal'ethil casts an appraising glance over the figure yet remains stands behind Gilead watching and waiting, his fingers resting near his belt dagger.

Too Damn Frothy

NPC

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:13 am    
Post subject:

*The figure stands absolutely still, even the wind seems to calm around it so as not to stir cloak or hood. For a moment it remains still - peaceful yet poised and watchful - and then he speaks in a quiet and precise voice in elven.*

(Elven) "Seeker. What is lost is lost. That end will one be anothers beginning, but if you pursued it you would be walking away from your future, to your past."

*White, sightless eyes glitter within the hood, staring into the distance away from the two militia.*

(Elven) "This is the time that the path was presented to you. The path you must tread shall take you on to the place of the Silent Shadows, and onwards into darkness. With you shall walk the mortal servant of the Lord of the Silent Shadows, and she shall seek the Hammer of the Underworld, the Great Mace of her Lord. Together you must seek the bank where the last Master of the Silent Shadows waits, reluctant to cross and leave his last burden."

*A staff emerges from the cloak and the figure slowly turns and walks uncertainly away, the staff moving constantly, seeking but never touching the unseen objects and hazards before him.*

(Elven) "The Kinslayer awaits the Seeker's judgement, and that choice was up to you, so it was all regrets and shame you bore from that choice was also yours to bear. Yet you knew that you must leave for the halls of the Silent Shadows soon, for your people even now gather to throw off the shackles of hatred, and you knew you must return to stand together with the last descendent of the Warmaster so your people could see the way."

*The figure abruptly pauses, for the first time showing uncertainty - almost wavering.*

(Elven) "This is where I said ... I was sorry for what happened ... for what would happen ... and that I understood that though your soul may forgive me, your heart never would."

*The figure sighs, then resumes his sightless journey beneath the swaying boughs of Tesrae.*

Journeyman

BayonetAnderson

Journeyman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:27 pm    
Post subject:

*Gilead takes a step forward and calls after the figure.*

"Wait! Who are you? Tell me your name!"

Too Damn Frothy

NPC

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:21 am    
Post subject:

*The voice drifts back through the trees, still quiet but seemingly undiminished by distance.*

(Elven) "You thought you did not know, and yet eventually you realised that you always knew."

*Quieter now, but still clear and distinct.*

(Elven) "Beware the First Weapon, Seeker, it had inherited the power harvested by its progeny over the centuries, but in denying it the victims it has already claimed, it would be diminished. Only then can the First Weapon be sundered."

*Now a ghost of a voice speaking now in Ithronian, with a crisp and precise accent.*

"Only the representative on Arda of the Patient Lord could give you access into the Halls of the Silent Shadows. You knew that you needed her beside you, though the danger of taking her into your homeland was great. You where told to seek the roots of the White Tree, and there she was meant to sacrifice something cherished to lead you both into the darkness."
_________
?

Branch Ref

Chris

Branch Ref

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:19 pm    
Post subject:

Cal'ethil's eyes narrow at the word 'Dinmaethor'* and evidence of a sneer passes across his haunty features. "Come inside Gilead, whoever that being was their words are of an ill omen...no good will come of them. They were akin to a trickle of cold water down my spine."

Journeyman

BayonetAnderson

Journeyman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:16 pm    
Post subject:

*Gilead turns to Cal'ethil*

"What does it mean? That person, or being, whatever he was spoke as if he knew me, knew of what was going to come to pass. It is as if a path has been laid for us to follow, but how can I trust the words of one so shrouded who will not even offer his name? Yet I also have the profound feeling that this is meant to happen, like it has been planned perhaps by the weaver herself..."

*Gileads brow furrows with thought."

"The lord of the silent shadows? I can summise that is Lord Kharach. And his representative, the one who seeks the mace? That must be Indis..I mean, Primate Nenharma. But where are the halls of the silent shadows? The figure spoke of 'taking her into my homeland' Eldenshay? Must we return there once more? What of the Dinmaethor? Cal, even though it is against my better judgement, I think I have to follow this path."

Branch Ref

Chris

Branch Ref

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:06 am    
Post subject:

Cal'ethil quirks an eyebrow at Gilead almost incredulously, but then his features soften a look of shame flitting across his face. "I forget my friend that in your absence from Eldenshay during the Dagor-Delurth there were many things which occurred that passed you by." A look of sour distaste passes his features as he returns to the former subject. "The Dinmaethor...the Silent Shadows...they were a sect of kinslayers, assassins, murderers, that preyed upon the folk of Eldenshay in the aftermath of the Abhored Ones awakening. Fortunately however they are all now dead...the Lady of Goldenacres had the sheer audacity to appoint the last surviving acolyte as Seneschal of Goldenacres, fortunately the bastard died shortly afterwards solving what could have evolved into a difficult political incident. There are other rumours, but now is not the time or place to speak of them."

He strokes his chin thoughtfully. "But what I do know, is that the lair of the Dinmaethor lay beneath the peaks of the Black Crags. Although it pains me to say this...you well know that I was one of the first alongside Saeren to bend my knee before...Him...and I was witness to their deadly efficency in warfare, launching lightening ambushes on Ranger patrols and the..."Spirit Guardian" auxillia. The problem occurrs when one looks to the scope of the Black Crags...then again, Ro may perhaps know of the less well trodden mountain paths...as any sanctuary they had must have been well hidden."

Derby Fools And Heroes Forum Index -> Tesrae