Welcome to the Derby Branch Messageboard.

When creating a username, please use your real name and put your Membership No. in the signature.
Please abide by the Society Web Guidelines when posting.

Profile Register Memberlist Search Log in to check your private messages Usergroups FAQ Log in

*A notice spread around*

Derby Fools And Heroes Forum Index -> Tesrae

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Master

WillBrown

Master

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:29 pm    
Post subject: *A notice spread around*

To the people of Eldenshay,

For many years now the land of Eldenshay has been sundered from the rest of Ithron. Through that time Ithron has mourned the loss, and looked with sadness at the state to which Eldenshay has been reduced.

Although this circumstance grieved King Robert sorely, he has made no move to exercise his rule, for love of the people who must die in such violence, and because a union which is imposed is no firm bond but a weak sham which must break as soon as a small strain is placed on it. How much stronger and better is the willing conjoining of folk in firm friendship, fulfilling the desire of both.

Always the hand of friendship has been extended for the taking, when Eldenshay is ready for it, and now it seems that time has come.

Good folk of Eldenshay, King Robert of Ithron hath commanded me to do what is a delight and an honour for me: to say clearly once more that what Ithron most wishes for Eldenshay is to welcome the land back into the commonwealth of Ithron as of old - to see the ancient council restored to its rule of Eldenshay, under the common law of Ithron and in fealty to its King.

To that end I have commanded my knights to travel to the borders of Eldenshay, where they are to stand ready to aid you in your struggle for freedom. They will not enter the woods unbidden, but if you wish it they will fight and die for your aid and protection.

I know the way may be long and arduous, for evil forces are at large in your forests and in the dark places of the world, and they are yet strong. But when good folk join in the light of the Seven, then even hard roads can be travelled quickly, and a happy rest found at the end of the journey.

Together we can free your woods from tyranny, and restore the light which should grace their beauty.

Nae saian luume’, nan' elen sila lumenn omentilmo.

Your servant,

Sir Robin Adair

Judge

Derby Fools And Heroes Forum Index -> Tesrae