Welcome to the Derby Branch Messageboard.

When creating a username, please use your real name and put your Membership No. in the signature.
Please abide by the Society Web Guidelines when posting.

Profile Register Memberlist Search Log in to check your private messages Usergroups FAQ Log in

To the elves of Eldenshay!

Derby Fools And Heroes Forum Index -> Eldenshay

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Too Damn Frothy

Enigma

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:12 am    
Post subject: To the elves of Eldenshay!

Good people, you are free.

The Prince is gone. I felt his passing. He rests with Kharach now and is grateful for what has been done for him. A soul that suffered for a millennia or more now knows peace, and the healing can begin.

To those of you who found yourselves refugees during this crisis. You know me, you know my face. I am Doviennya, I am the Mithril-Tongued Mage, I am a Master of Thaumaturgy, and as much as the rest I am a servant of He who brings Mercy.

No more of you need die. No more of you need suffer.

You perhaps can feel the forest again, whole, stronger than before. I am told you can feel a connection to it that I can only dream of. Think on this and have it as proof of my words.

Those who mourn, know that those who fell died for a purpose. Their lives counted and saved so many. They will know His love and His mercy.

Those who served the Prince, there is always hope. Perhaps you feel ashamed, that you have erred, that you will never again be welcome among your people. I do not pretend to be a Master of your customs but I know that there is always hope even in the darkest of places.

You are the new leaf, the next chapter, you are those who will build this land up again. From destruction will come new life stronger than ever before.

I have been here for you always. I remain here for you now. The battle is over but there is so much left to do. If you need me, call upon me and I will endeavor to be there for you.

All I ask in return is this: -

Remember what has been done here today. As the saying goes, "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it."
See that this never happens again.

Believe. Believe in the Seven, whose light shone through the forces that opposed us this day in a very litteral sense. Believe in yourselves. Never lose hope. Let our actions be an inspiration to you.

Each and every one of you is an inspiration to me, how you have faced this crisis with dignity and bravery.

Live. A good number of your people have met their ends. But the end is the culmination of a journey. You are still travelling the various paths of life, and have much living left to do though it may sometimes seem otherwise.
Do not fear the end, but do not forget to live. Live the lives the fallen have died to give you.

I salute you, people of Eldenshay, my friends the elven people, for whom I have so much respect and admiration. I thank you for all that you have done.

Praise be to the Seven, without whom none of this would have been possible.

Derby Fools And Heroes Forum Index -> Eldenshay