Welcome to the Derby Branch Messageboard.

When creating a username, please use your real name and put your Membership No. in the signature.
Please abide by the Society Web Guidelines when posting.

Profile Register Memberlist Search Log in to check your private messages Usergroups FAQ Log in

Dominus
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Derby Fools And Heroes Forum Index -> The Safe Room Network

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Apprentice

minion

Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:28 pm    
Post subject: Dominus

Dominus is a dread knight who was created by a King of Midval.
It is said that the king gathered his best mages to study elven texts to create a perfect warrior. They used an ancient sceptre to raise him but he slew the king to take control of the kingdom for himself.

His physical form was destroyed in battle by Sir Josef the Ironhanded however Dominus's sprit may have tormented the knight for the rest of his days.
he chose to be entombed to trap Dominus.
The sceptre was sent to Darian to be destroyed but was kept safe by a necromancer called 'The Raven' to be studied.

In the last year Dominus was freed from his tomb. he has not been seen yet in a physical form. He has possessed the living and switches bodies throw touch. other than that he marks his presence with black wings that fill the sky.
He is using grave moss to take control of the minds of nobles, peasants and the men and women who guard the towns. The moss can be hidden in
food, black liquid and now physician drugs.

The Credo are working for Dominus, DO NOT TRUST THEM. we found those infected with the moss guarding the prisoners of the credo (who themselves were being fed the moss). It appears that when someone with credo training will have the same lack of free will that the ones infected with moss.

Any corrections welcome.

(georgina robertson)

Master

JonJon

Master

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:01 pm    
Post subject: Correction

Mhairi,

I believe that your first paragraph is wrong - the Dominus and the Dreadknight were not the same person. My apologies, it was I who suggested that they were in fact one and the same.

However, the Dreadknight was laid to rest by Father Kothmund after Sir Josef defeated it.

I believe that the Dominus was orginally an Axirian noble named Drauskus.

This was the name given for the master of the Axirian forces that we met whilst on the final path to the lost Abbey.

I believe that

"Drust the deathless", a dark elven Necromancer

and

"Drusk" the leprous Ogre warlord

were also the Dominus - that he possessed their bodies.

I speculate that the new leader of the Credo, Drew the Leper, is also the Dominus. The decay of his body caused not by disease but by corruption from the foul spirit within it.

Grey.

Guildsman

Penny

Guildsman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:39 am    
Post subject:

Can I have a list of the evidence that the Earl is being controlled by it please? The King's Council can temporarily remove him from power until we are happy that him and his militia are not being controlled by it, and Sir Edward is happy to make that happen as soon as evidence is presented.

Too Damn Frothy

Bronkowitz

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:55 pm    
Post subject:

It's entirely possible that the Earl is free of overt control. Prior to the incident that led to our 'outlaw' status being awarded, several of us met the Earl and I examined him, but was unable to sense any controlling energies.

then again, just to muddy the waters a little more, perhaps it wasn't Earl Androplies himself, but maybe a duplicate of him?

Steve Daniels
DE0295

Too Damn Frothy

EB Derby

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:58 am    
Post subject:

Lucy, He's under the influence of, not direct control of... he was checked by Tobias when we saw him just over a week ago.

We, or at least I, serve him as he is the Earl of Derwentshire. I will not see him removed from his rightful position by ANY means. I will work directly against you on that score if you try it; just as hard as I'm working against the Creedo.

All evidence, as far as I'm aware, is already listed here. That's the purpose of this network - as has been said to you more than once. Who do you think is keeping information away from you??

Tobias - interesting that they have targeted you. I believe that they see you as a threat as you are a necromancer. Best if we all keep a low public profile. As soon as I get any more information I'll post it up so we can make plans on how to move next.

I'm going through all the Chronicles for the last year or more to see if we've missed something there and I'm working with the contact that we got out of the sewers, as soon as we get to any useful information I'll post it up here.

Kind regards
Jessica
Rayne McKay
1st Eastreach Militia
-----------------------------
Emma
Derby Ref
Springfest Admin.

Too Damn Frothy

Bronkowitz

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:12 pm    
Post subject:

EB Derby wrote:
I believe that they see you as a threat as you are a necromancer.

Has a warning been passed to Master Gray? I know the he's always been (outwardly, at least) treated with respect by the Credo but, now that the 'gloves are off' so to speak, he may well be considered a target too.

I'm keeping as low a profile as possible, bearing in mind my 'circumstances' - I've recently bought a black shirt; it's slimming and so they won't think that I'm the 'fat bloke in a black coat' that they're looking for...

Steve Daniels
DE0295

Too Damn Frothy

EB Derby

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:34 pm    
Post subject:

No, I have not yet seen Master Grey to do this.

Please also note, I know that you believe the wanted sum of money is a little on the low side. But X crowns would feed a family for a year. There are people that would pay attention to the sum of money.
Rayne McKay
1st Eastreach Militia
Emma
Derby Ref
Springfest Admin.

Guildsman

Penny

Guildsman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:59 pm    
Post subject:

I wonder if Master Grey gets treated with more respect because of his Axirian heritage?

Too Damn Frothy

Bronkowitz

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:14 pm    
Post subject:

He could well have a positive aspect - perhaps whatever guides the Credo dates back to the days of the the Empire's invasion?

And far be it from me to be flippant regarding the relative worth of ten crowns, I know how difficult things can be when resources are tightened, I was merely expressing an opinion that it doesn't seem to show much of the impotrance placed on my capture.

Steve Daniels
DE0295

Guildsman

Penny

Guildsman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:37 am    
Post subject:

It does date back to then, in a memory/timewarp to the time of the invasion we came across an Axirian talking it about, Master Grey has given more information on that incident somewhere on here.

Too Damn Frothy

EB Derby

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:51 pm    
Post subject:

I agree with Master Grey, I suspect that Dominus is in the Leper.

First question to ask before any plans on getting tobhim is... what is it? Can we destroy it?

I need to have a chat with Doctor McRory, we may have a way to start weakening the hold that the Credo have. If its right then we might need to do something highly dangerous and slightly illegal.
Rayne McKay
1st Eastreach Militia
Emma
Derby Ref
Springfest Admin.

Too Damn Frothy

Bronkowitz

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:22 pm    
Post subject:

This may be a wildly hopeful premise, but could the Silver Raven stake be useful? I was perusing a recent Chronicle and, while the reporting is somewhat skewed, the facts are real. Now, it struck me that Credo may have stolen the stake to keep it out of our hands?

Steve Daniels
DE0295

Too Damn Frothy

EB Derby

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:13 pm    
Post subject:

I had also wondered about that.

Please also note that courts have now started giving out lots of community service. My guess... and it is a guess... is that they are either being put into the camps so that their souls can be taken OR they are being given militia duty. Remember that we have been told that when they are wearing the tabards they feel complete justified and "compelled" to obey orders. Nice way to increase their numbers...
Rayne McKay
1st Eastreach Militia
Emma
Derby Ref
Springfest Admin.

Branch Ref

Chris

Branch Ref

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:38 am    
Post subject:

Following on from our investigations this weekend.

The Dominus is a LIVING spirit. Hence it cannot be laid to rest. Please do not attempt this, it is most unpleasant.

It is bound to the mortal plane in some way, how, I do not know. Either it has an incredible will, it is tied to an artefact (phylactery) or something more esoteric. From my understanding of the soul it is not "bound" in any physical direction. Personally, I don't have a clue! Likely someone else may have read or come across something which could assist here.

There is a method which I know to bind the creature, however, given how powerful this soul is (on parr with exceptionally powerful demonic entities apparently) it would only be a temporary measure.

Branch Ref

Chris

Branch Ref

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:39 am    
Post subject:

Also, Drew the Leper has been slain. The Dominus will no doubt be looking for a new host.

Derby Fools And Heroes Forum Index -> The Safe Room Network