Welcome to the Derby Branch Messageboard.

When creating a username, please use your real name and put your Membership No. in the signature.
Please abide by the Society Web Guidelines when posting.

Profile Register Memberlist Search Log in to check your private messages Usergroups FAQ Log in

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Derby Fools And Heroes Forum Index -> OOC Posts

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

lostalphion_pellarod

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:52 pm    
Post subject: Newbie

Hi,
My name's Chris and I've been wanting to do LARP for a while. I know a couple of people who are with this branch and one of them has said that he would bring me to one of the events at some point this year.
I've already sorted my character and I'm hoping to join the Scout's Guild.
Has anyone got any advice for me?
I just wanted to introduce myself.

Chris

Guild Senior

Ian (Leeds)

Guild Senior

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:11 pm    
Post subject:

Hi there,

What sort of things are you wanting to know, I play the top ranking scout likley to adventure at Derby branch so if it is scouting business I should be able to help, if it is general rules/kit type questions then Gary and Justin will be around soon and they are the regular branch refs.
On a general note, just look to interact with as many people as possibly and expect that you will make some social errors in character, but talking to people a lot and doing what you are told and when will get you popular with both players and characters, and it a great way to get to know lots of people fast

Ian

Branch Ref

Chris

Branch Ref

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:32 pm    
Post subject:

Welcome to FnH and another Chris! I'm sure the society is a refuge for us all to hide in Very Happy if you come along to the adventure I'm sure someone will be able to lend you weapons and armour as lots of people carry spare kit for your first adventure. One thing is a must though bring either good boots or wellies as you'll be out for several hours and the worse thing is having to put up with painful feet while your running from things (and if your in the scouts guild you'll be doing that alot Wink at least I did).

Journeyman

Becky

Journeyman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:19 am    
Post subject:

Chris wrote:
the worse thing is having to put up with painful feet while your running from things (and if your in the scouts guild you'll be doing that alot Wink at least I did).

Lies, it's all lies I tell you!

He only ran away from stuff because he was a coward! That's why he's encased himself in metal these days Laughing

If you're wanting to play a scout, get in touch with me (I'd be your boss, I'm lovely and don't let them tell you otherwise) or Ian and we'll help you out, show you the scouting ropes and all that.

Basically all you need to play a scout is utter disdain for the mercs and a healthy love of alcoholic beverages.... Laughing
----------------
Becky LD01

lostalphion_pellarod

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:01 am    
Post subject:

Thanks for the replies.
Most of the things I need to know is how do I enrole in the scouts guild, and mostly just general stuff like history and whats going on at the moment.
I can understand about needing the good boots as when wearing medieval shoes for a whole event your feet really ache.
and becky I know your the pathfinder, I'v been reading up on the scouts and visiting the forum every couple of days.
on a general note I enjoy talking to people, and can take orders like a pro and I love to drink but only bitter and cider all though I'm still a bit young.

Chris

Branch Ref

Chris

Branch Ref

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:56 am    
Post subject:

I resent that comment Very Happy when your a little elf with a short sword and no armour and you see a demon advancing down the path its best not to stick around. Anyway it was more tactically withdrrawing than running away...

Ian (Tanji) will teach you all the sneaky underhanded techniques of the Scouts Guild that I "forgot" once I joined the Templars Rolling Eyes

lostalphion_pellarod

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:51 pm    
Post subject:

Some tatical withdrawels have won many battles, it's just that people don't talk about them as they usally mistake it for running away Very Happy
Anyway i bet you were just showing the demon how fast you could move and just forgot to go back. Laughing

Journeyman

Becky

Journeyman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:54 pm    
Post subject:

Underhand?!

We're quite upfront about it. Were you not informed of the Scouts Guild motto before you joined?

Swiftly, silently and from behind Wink Laughing
----------------
Becky LD01

lostalphion_pellarod

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:58 pm    
Post subject:

I'd rather take someone out with a good sniper shot with my bow form the undergrowth, but I don't have a problem getting my axe dirty. Twisted Evil

Branch Ref

Chris

Branch Ref

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:18 pm    
Post subject:

I can also remember something about always taking an enemies boots in case the mission pay was quite bad...

I gave up with the bow after being given the unoffical title of "worst archer in Ithron" by several people mainly dwarves. the problem about facing demons now is I have to stand there without a magic weapon and hide behind a shiel until someone jobs it Laughing

Journeyman

Becky

Journeyman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:18 pm    
Post subject:

Axe? Woo-Hoo!!!!!

We like axes Laughing

Anyhow, I just realised you asked me a question. If you want to join the scouts guild, just let your LO know and then come and introduce yourself to me IC. You'll be given a green weapons permit and that's pretty much you from then on in. Anything else, we can talk you through in character.
----------------
Becky LD01

lostalphion_pellarod

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:40 pm    
Post subject:

ok a couple of questions,
Does anyone know who my LO is ?
And do i introduce myself to you on the scouts forum or here ?

Too Damn Frothy

Enigma

Too Damn Frothy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:43 pm    
Post subject:

Make sure they train you properly.

When my character was a scout, she got sketchy information between encounters. She's a merc now, after having had a rather complicated argument with Becky's character.

Meh... I was a rubbish scout anyway Smile

Right now I play a sidhean priestess, the one most likely to be bandaging you up when you go down. Oddly enough...

Branch Ref

Chris

Branch Ref

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:45 pm    
Post subject:

Well this is the Derby area which in games terms is called Darian, although the major town is Stappelford, so introduce yourself on both if you like Very Happy Mikhails Rest (the local bar) is always open and the friendly neighbourhod Templar is on stand by.

As for the LO I thought it was someone called John, although I can't remember his last name Sad as he hasn't had chance to adventure in a while.

Edit- Just remembered its John Clarke ^^, his names in the members list near the top.

lostalphion_pellarod

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:09 pm    
Post subject:

so I'v finally met someone from a church havent decided which church I'l go with yet.
and chris do you know how i can get in touch with john clarke to introduce myself.

Derby Fools And Heroes Forum Index -> OOC Posts